Rumor: Habs in on Patrick Kane

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Kane used last year to prove he's still got game after his injury.

I'd be shocked if he wants to go anywhere else but a contender or a familiar environment now. At the very least a team he really believes in. Montreal hasn't really been close so that makes no sense.

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
Please, no.

The only reason the Habs sign a FA is if that player is young enough to be part of their core in the future. We're trying to shed bad contracts, not create new ones.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
This makes sense, the Habs are shooting for the playoffs this year.

We still need to add offense if they want to make it.
Listen, I believe in almost any group of players in this league barring obvious tank jobs, Montreal has what it takes to make
The playoffs without any changes and just progression from the team.

But either we use next years picks because we are drafting high again or we will use them to
Make
A big time trade.

Reactions: HabzSauce

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Could see it on a 1 year deal, he’s pretty much guaranteed a Top 6 spot due to our lack of NHL ready depth, basically a placeholder for Demidov and a trade chip at the deadline where Kane could go to a contender of his choice.

O6 team plus this

1719695877784.jpeg

Reactions: Durvann

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
Seravalli has been giving absolutely horrendous takes lately.
He said Necas would be traded before game 1, nothing.
He said marner would be traded before the draft, nope.
I’m really starting to think either his “sources” are fake or he just pulls stuff out of his ass
Allan Walsh was ripping him recently on his podcast. He didn't name him but was referring to the media member who kept saying "Hronek's number starts with an 8" (which was Seravalli) and was saying that him and Hronek would text about it and laugh.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Kane used last year to prove he's still got game after his injury.

I'd be shocked if he wants to go anywhere else but a contender or a familiar environment now. At the very least a team he really believes in. Montreal hasn't really been close so that makes no sense.
True.............but then neither was Detroit??
Money talks folks.................money.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Seravalli has been giving absolutely horrendous takes lately.
He said Necas would be traded before game 1, nothing.
He said marner would be traded before the draft, nope.
I’m really starting to think either his “sources” are fake or he just pulls stuff out of his ass
He never said Necas would be traded before game 1, he said he wouldn't be surprised.

And I can't find that other quote, so not sure if you're correct, or just misinterpreted Seravalli

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
True.............but then neither was Detroit??
Money talks folks.................money.
Like I said he had to prove himself. Of course money is a factor, but options were limited to begin with as rosters were set.

And to be fair, Detroit was in a playoff spot when he signed.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Good move then, 70-80 pt player, no long term committment, prob habs best PP player still and can play in offensive minutes

Also a 3X cup winner so can teach the habs young guya how to play and produce in big moments

Not sure if he comes to mtl, but its a good move for them if they are ready to transition to competing for the playoffs again

Reactions: EveryDay

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
He should do a Corey Perry and go soldier of fortune every year till he hangs them up.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Like I said he had to prove himself. Of course money is a factor, but options were limited to begin with as rosters were set.

And to be fair, Detroit was in a playoff spot when he signed.
So, he made them worse, and lost with him...............I can't imagine anyone offering him a contract?
Curious if his camp will sit again for half a season, and then choose a team?

Weird all the way around, but no way he comes to Canada......thinking the Sabres.

Reactions: tom10101
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad