GDT: Habs Golf Tournament - September 16 (Official start to training camp)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Goaltending and defense will be key. I see an 88 point season.
We're hoping the 1st line plays exactly the same or even better than how they did in the 2nd half of the season, and that Laine/Dach stay healthy and actually live up to their potential. The bottom 6 is awful like last year, and the defense needs to take serious steps to be better defensively.

Reactions: Tyson

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Kirby says the injury was his fault. He thought he was closer to the glass and went to bounce off the player into the glass but wasn't as close as he thought he was and hit the boards awkwardly.

He spent a lot of time with David Savard and Dvorak during the year and says the entire team helped him at one point or another. He watched a lot of video with the coaches.
I said this when it happened, he didn't need to make that jump into the boards

MSL about Laine, not focused on how many goals, he just wants him to be happy, he wants him to want to come to the rink early, to love playing in Montreal. That is his top priority.

MSL - No big projects this year, one day at a time. He likes the continuity in the team, says it helps them.
I want a 9 million job this year where my boss only cares about my happiness :/

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I was at the gym...so I just saw the the screen on tv with no sound...but Cole CAUFIELD.....

Like we say in French. .....la face de cochon....

Remember when this great kid had his smile on his face all the time.

Since last year he has that...f ..face with the medias and gave very short answers

He is maybe pis..off againt them I don't know..but this will not help him if he continue..

When I came back people on radio said CAUFIELD did not want to be there.

He just changed his number to 13 to honor a friend of his, an inspiration of his, who just tragically died.

I would imagine some slack is warranted here.

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
1-1 interview on RDS Marc Denis with MSL.

About the prospect games, MSL liked Beck and Heineman. Defensively he thought Reinbacher had a very strong second game and he liked the physicality of Tuch.

No new systems to install this year, its about being more connected and together on the ice, being tougher to play against.

About Dach and Laine, his job is to bring them back to where they were before their respective problems. About Laine, he says, first they both have to love being in the rink, with the guys etc.. again.

How the Caufield - Suzuki - Slaf line finished, he doesn't see himself breaking them up. But he is happy to have more depth and more options.

On defense, there are 6 preseason games and he has a feeling on defense it will day to day, who plays game one might not be who plays game 2. Its going to be day to day.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I was at the gym...so I just saw the the screen on tv with no sound...but Cole CAUFIELD.....

Like we say in French. .....la face de cochon....

Remember when this great kid had his smile on his face all the time.

Since last year he has that...f ..face with the medias and gave very short answers

He is maybe pis..off againt them I don't know..but this will not help him if he continue..

When I came back people on radio said CAUFIELD did not want to be there.
Smart man, he's maturing.

Most of the media in this city aren't there to be your friend...well maybe everyone except Stu Cowan, sometimes I get the feeling he wants to be more than friends with the players.

Last edited:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I wonder if there's somewhat of a small regret about moving Kovacevic, especailly after moving Harris to get Laine.

The Habs could use a veterand RHD to play on the bottom pair, kill penalties, eat some minutes. They're probably going to have to force younger Dman there to play on his offside.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Habs pick up a veteran on waivers during camp.

Reactions: NewDef and Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I wonder if there's somewhat of a small regret about moving Kovacevic, especailly after moving Harris to get Laine.

The Habs could use a veterand RHD to play on the bottom pair, kill penalties, eat some minutes. They're probably going to have to force younger Dman there to play on his offside.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Habs pick up a veteran on waivers during camp.
Personally I would have kept Kovasevic over Barron. Kovasevic is the perfect #7.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Personally I would have kept Kovasevic over Barron. Kovasevic is the perfect #7.
Barron is going to make this team or get traded and since his trade value isn't very high, i'm pretty sure he's going to make the team.

I'm sure the Habs want him to seize a spot in the top 6, it would solve a lot of issues (namely of playing Guhle on his offside).

I haven't given up on him, I still think he's got a lot of qualities of what you'd want from a Dman in the game today.

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
RDS = 1-1 interview with Kent Hughes.

What is he most proud of amongst things that happened in the summer - The Draft, specifically Ivan (he used his first name).

About Ivan - He belongs right now and is under contract to another team, so it is more difficult. But they will follow him, they will communicate with them and they will go see him several times during the season, always respecting the current club.

Who impressed him during the rookie games - Engstrom in the first game, Reinbacher in the second game. Tuch's physicality, Mesar overall game and Thorpe.

Laine trade - When we have had a chance to trade for players with talent we have done so in the past. Talented players don't forget how to play hockey. We believe we are better placed to put him in a place where he is better suited to show his talent.

Camp - All players are healthy and ready for camp.

What is next on the table for him - To watch the camp and evaluate the players. They are no longer accumulating assets, to evaluate and make decisions who has a future long term, who doesn't and what does the team need to compete this year.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Barron is going to make this team or get traded and since his trade value isn't very high, i'm pretty sure he's going to make the team.

I'm sure the Habs want him to seize a spot in the top 6, it would solve a lot of issues (namely of playing Guhle on his offside).

I haven't given up on him, I still think he's got a lot of qualities of what you'd want from a Dman in the game today.
I hope he comes in ready and does well.

Reactions: NewDef and 417

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Guhle is the most likely one that will play on his offside on the top pair.

Reactions: Skip Bayless

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
RDS = 1-1 interview with Kent Hughes.

What is he most proud of amongst things that happened in the summer - The Draft, specifically Ivan (he used his first name).

About Ivan - He belongs right now and is under contract to another team, so it is more difficult. But they will follow him, they will communicate with them and they will go see him several times during the season, always respecting the current club.

Who impressed him during the rookie games - Engstrom in the first game, Reinbacher in the second game. Tuch's physicality, Mesar overall game and Thorpe.

Laine trade - When we have had a chance to trade for players with talent we have done so in the past. Talented players don't forget how to play hockey. We believe we are better placed to put him in a place where he is better suited to show his talent.

Camp - All players are healthy and ready for camp.

What is next on the table for him - To watch the camp and evaluate the players. They are no longer accumulating assets, to evaluate and make decisions who has a future long term, who doesn't and what does the team need to compete this year.

Poor RHP was forgotten.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The first prospect's name out of Marty's mouth was Beck. :naughty:
Hughes spoke of liking Tuch's game as well as Thorpe.
I agree he was a handful yesterday once he got his feet moving.
That we have to get harder to play against isn't lost on anyone including the players themself.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Not me. I don't think they saw Kovacevic's game as how we want to play.
We already have Savard being the heavy plodder on that right side.
I think they believe Barron Mailloux Reinbacher will bring enough size on RD.
They kept the better talent not a doubt in my mind.

Last edited:

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
1-1 with Caufield on RDS.

Not much new here, except he was told MSL had said a few minutes prior his line would remain intact. He said his goal was to continue rounding out his game and continue building from where they ended up last year, him - Nick and Slaf.

The loss of Johnny Gaudreau was very tough on him and reinforced for him to come to the rink every day and enjoy every moment and he wants to honour him this season with his performance.

He feels they have a special group. He talks to a lot of people in hockey and people tell him their dressing rooms are not like his here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad