Habs fan - I come in peace - Chara, Krejci, Bergeron

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Cakes

Jan 18, 2023
Bs look good again this year. How do you guys see the team holding up in the post-season without the old guard of Krejci, Bergeron and Big Z? Do you think they have what it takes to go all the way this year?

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
this reminds me of JOHNNY V and his vachon cakes :)

as far as your question, no, the roster right now is probably not winning a cup.

• Haha
Reactions: sarge88

Johnny Cakes

Jan 18, 2023

as far as your question, no, the roster right now is probably not winning a cup.
No, eh? I guess time will tell. Bs are always in the mix, though. What I think they lack, actually, is a Cam Neely type. Like...most of all that's what they lack is that big bruising power forward goal scorer. Neely used to give us Montreal fans the frights back in the day. We used to begrudgingly admire Cam & covet the hell out of him. "Wish that ape was with us" kind of thing. Big #8.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
download.jpg

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Feels to me like they’re playing above their heads. I doubt even the biggest Poitras fan thought he would be this good this quickly. I doubt I’m alone in predicting he’s gotta hit that rookie wall eventually.

They do still have some elite players in Marchand, Pastrnak, McAvoy, and in goal.

They have some excellent players in Lindholm and Carlo.

Does not feel anything like a championship contender to me. I feel like I just doubted the Great Pumpkin or something.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
No, eh? I guess time will tell. Bs are always in the mix, though. What I think they lack, actually, is a Cam Neely type. Like...most of all that's what they lack is that big bruising power forward goal scorer. Neely used to give us Montreal fans the frights back in the day. We used to begrudgingly admire Cam & covet the hell out of him. "Wish that ape was with us" kind of thing. Big #8.
There are only a handful of Cam Neely types playing in the NHL now. The game has changed since the 80's and 90's, players have way more skill are faster and your typical power forwards are almost non- existent. The Tkachuk's are two them that come to mind along with Alex Tuch who is a nice power forward as well.
The Bruins have to win 2-1 or 3-2 most nights, have the best goalie tandom in the league, a top 10 overall dee in McAvoy and nice pieces to add with him with Lindholm and Carlo. Our struggles will come with goal scoring. I think we need to somehow add one more scoring winger and we can improve the team.
Poitras and Lohrei are nice surprises so far this year as their development has been accelerated.
As far as the Habs go, you guys need to lock up Monahan in a hurry with a long term deal, he is very under appreciated.

Reactions: Johnny Cakes

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016

With goaltending the way it is I believe we can get out of the East. In the finals anything can happen.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Bs look good again this year. How do you guys see the team holding up in the post-season without the old guard of Krejci, Bergeron and Big Z? Do you think they have what it takes to go all the way this year?
If the Cup is today they are healthy they can win every game but in March, Sweeney will have added at least on significant player and Lohrei, Poitras, and Beecher good (most likely) or bad will be different players.

McAvoy doesn’t get suspended they beat Detroit and they blew a 2 goal lead with under 2 minutes because they weren’t trying to get the puck out but get an open net goal - preferably Pastrnak hatty

They aren’t the 23 Bruins but you never know

Last edited:
Reactions: Bradely and Ladyfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad