Confirmed with Link: Habs draft Martin Reway with the 116th overall pick (info in OP)

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
according to this interview he wants to put up 100 pts next season (and less PIMs). He is pretty confident, I like that.

Another notes you might find interesting
- he loves Montreal, club is amazing
- he lives with great family in Gatineau, his coach is the best and predicted him to be in the NHL in 2 years- he is very motivated by hearing that
- he is aware of the pressure, he has to deal with next season

sorry for my english

His coach is telling him tall tales. Not only is he tiny but he is very raw, he has an impressive bag of tricks but he doesn't look like he understands how to play the game within a system.

Interesting pick due to his skills but it is going to take some time.

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
according to this interview he wants to put up 100 pts next season (and less PIMs). He is pretty confident, I like that.

- he lives with great family in Gatineau, his coach is the best and predicted him to be in the NHL in 2 years
- he is very motivated by hearing that

sorry for my english
Translation (a bit easier to understand)
Third drafted Slovaks in recent NHL entry draft pick was a Czech native Martin Rewa , which chose perhaps the most traditional club competition - Montreal Canadiens. Martin is turning to Development Camp Montreal found time for an extensive interview exclusively for SlovakNHL.sk. My first question was about even pick a club that chose him. Rewa him are very satisfied: "I love Montreal, the club is all amazing, everything is taken care of and do not miss them at all is no small feat. Thus flavors NHL, it's incredible! Especially in view of what I have past, I completely satisfied. It's awesome! When you pick, you can see it all around you and notice where you are, what motivates you to go all the way. " After being drafted was the pupil of the Czech hockey invited to the development camp Canadiens because of which even had unexpectedly quit their vacation. "Yes, I have come to one day camp, but leave it and still hope for other money, yet to be (smile). The first day I was therefore at camp, so I missed out on the ice tests and tests on dry land. The second day of the training skills with the puck on the ice and in the evening we played one against two, two against three. The third and fourth day we just played the fifth day was free, we had only stretching and last day we just played again, " described the course of Rewa camp in Montreal. Consequently, I appreciated Martin last season, which took place in Gatineau jersey junior in the QMJHL, and that was also his first overseas. He managed to get there in 50 points (22 +25) in 47 matches. "It was in my career fateful decision. I was lucky that I got a great family, the best coach that I predicted that in two years I'll be in the NHL, which makes me very motivated. You can not imagine, when you tell a coach that brought so many amazing players. It is hard, but that's better! Well, the first half of the season was difficult on the psyche, I did well and sometimes I even happen to me came available, and I scored, but the next game I walk. In the second half of the season but I have felt confidence in the playoff that was built especially for me, I had high ice-time, which I missed during the season, but the points could be even more. Season are in a better standard. In order to keep a good mood girlfriend, which unfortunately I do not have, but I am looking for a new one. Life goes on, " the winger told likable this information, which will appeal especially our female readers :) eighteen year old Martin is aware of their qualities, but also the expectation that it will be in the next season, certainly more than in the previous one. He said well what needs to improve: "I am aware that for me will put enormous pressure, whether from the coach, but especially from the fans and from Montreal. I play a lot, but it is important that we as a team went performance-up. I help younger players and more talk with coaches. This pressure love and I really enjoy it. The individual perspective, I would like to collect 100 points and less Canadian penalty minutes! (Last season there were only 56 - Ed. Editor) " And what summer training? 'I started in Banska Bystrica, I had a two-phase training every day and I can not very satisfied with cooperation with Duro Moravčik his coaches was great and even me enjoyed it, I did progress. I am currently in Trencin ice like. With the growth Pavlikovský, Majom Gaborik, Peťo Sojčikom and other players who already have something for you, so I have the opportunity to learn something from them. " Martin Rewa is drafted in the KHL Slovan Bratislava, but the possibility that he failed to enforce the and went overseas to play KHL can not admit: "Absolutely not think that I would be unable to enforce! In addition, I have a valid contract with Sparta, so it would hardly let go of me. " to raising Slovak fans Rewa got even by refusing the invitation to the FIFA World Cup players up to 18 years in Sochi. We explained why: "I hate to return to it, it was not just my decision. It was confirmed by doctors, we talked about how well Mr. BokroÅ¡ and still counts with me. I think it's pretty straining, but it is for me a fan of it I want to go back a good performance. " Our very pleasant conversation with Martin I ended questions about the future of Slovak hockey and that better times lie ahead, after last year's drought have been drafted drafted three Slovaks. "We can only hope. It's also about how to fit overseas CHL, USHL after the event. Tomáš Török or Paťo KoyÅ¡ are on our circumstances are still the best players in Slovakia. Should Tomas (Torok) slightly more points, it would certainly drafted. Maťo Paulovič is also a great hockey player, it is the dad and he chose a different path. Kojčo with t (KoyÅ¡ with Torok - Ed. Editor) went to overseas and maybe they are better, it is hard to say. Anyway, in Slovakia there are many talented players, but should work with them, try to show them the right way. If we had to say about the quality of juniors, so it is every year worse and trainers A-teams do not want to be incorporated into the compositions of younger players, which is obviously wrong, but we can not do anything about it, " Martin contributed their bit to which we never said goodbye this issue. We wish him good luck and speedy enforcement of the Canadiens organization!

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007

- he lives with great family in Gatineau, his coach is the best and predicted him to be in the NHL in 2 years
- he is very motivated by hearing that

sorry for my english

Love his attitude. Had me at "loves Montreal".

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
When I see Reway, I see Petr Straka. Tons of offensive potential and pure skills, overall game to work on. Though I do admit, I prefered Reway in his draft year than Straka, yet there are some talks that Straka will have a fair chance to be in the NHL next year. I don't believe it, he has to see some AHL time as far as I'm concerned, as his overall game is far from being perfect though did improve. Same for Reway as far as having a whole lot of other things to improve.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
the more I see and hear, the more I'm pumped about this kid. He didn't look as small as I thought. His frame is almost Gallagher/Hudon like which to me is fine.

I'm actually happy we got him instead of Subban. Looks talented as #$#@!

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
This kid is definitely aware of the dire situation that the Slovak hockey is under at the current time. It takes a lot of desire not to mention the required talent to succeed, his size being another drawback for him, which he must be aware and still his concentration is focused. Martin Rewa has the confidence and the conviction to his craft, displayed by other Europeans, namely Marko Dano and former juniors like Saku Koivu and Teemu Selanne. Players that would not be denied their futures as professional hockey players. I'm impressed if you hadn't perceived that by now, looking forward to seeing his play next season.:handclap:

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
This kid is definitely aware of the dire situation that the Slovak hockey is under at the current time. It takes a lot of desire not to mention the required talent to succeed, his size being another drawback for him, which he must be aware and still his concentration is focused. Martin Rewa has the confidence and the conviction to his craft, displayed by other Europeans, namely Marko Dano and former juniors like Saku Koivu and Teemu Selanne. Players that would not be denied their futures as professional hockey players. I'm impressed if you hadn't perceived that by now, looking forward to seeing his play next season.:handclap:

Out of curiosity, I was wondering where you gathered that from? Was it because of the way he overcame his addictions and did well this past season, in a different country while adapting to different customs and language?

Or did something else impress you?

I'm just trying to avoid being a little optimistic because its kind of the same story every draft where we hope we get a gem in the latter rounds only to be left disappointed.

Xss

Jul 9, 2009
His coach is telling him tall tales. Not only is he tiny but he is very raw, he has an impressive bag of tricks but he doesn't look like he understands how to play the game within a system.

I think it's Reway who is saying that his coach will be in the NHL in 2 years.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Out of curiosity, I was wondering where you gathered that from? Was it because of the way he overcame his addictions and did well this past season, in a different country while adapting to different customs and language?

Or did something else impress you?

I'm just trying to avoid being a little optimistic because its kind of the same story every draft where we hope we get a gem in the latter rounds only to be left disappointed.

oh for sure he's still a long shot but going over a PPG in your rookie year after being a chain-smoking drinker from another country is pretty damn impressive. His highlights are really impressive and he doesn't look THAT small to me. Or at least as small as I thought.

I just like that we have a kid with his kind of upside as our (collectively self-proclaimed) 26th best prospect.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007

The last time this coach said something like this, it was about a 17 yo redhead who just signed a 66M$.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
oh for sure he's still a long shot but going over a PPG in your rookie year after being a chain-smoking drinker from another country is pretty damn impressive. His highlights are really impressive and he doesn't look THAT small to me. Or at least as small as I thought.

I just like that we have a kid with his kind of upside as our (collectively self-proclaimed) 26th best prospect.

I don't find he looks THAT small, either. In the first game I saw him live he had a great game, scoring 2 goals and 3 points here against the Moose (in a rare 6-1 spanking of a fully healthy Mooseheads squad). He and Hyka definitely clicked.

Really, REALLY interesting prospect, but might make for a difficult decision in the long run; mainly because of timing. Kid is mega talented, but I think it's going to take at LEAST a couple of years to mesh that skill with an increasingly structured approach to being a professional hockey player - in a foreign environment, at that. If he can make big enough strides in that direction (within the next couple of years), and prove able to keep up with the systems he's asked to play... could be fun. Hope he gets a couple of years in Hamilton after junior to toughen up.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
When I see Reway, I see Petr Straka. Tons of offensive potential and pure skills, overall game to work on. Though I do admit, I prefered Reway in his draft year than Straka, yet there are some talks that Straka will have a fair chance to be in the NHL next year. I don't believe it, he has to see some AHL time as far as I'm concerned, as his overall game is far from being perfect though did improve. Same for Reway as far as having a whole lot of other things to improve.

I don't see the similarity to be honest - five inches difference in height, Reway is definitely more skilled, but Straka works harder and plays a smarter game.

I preferred Straka quite a bit more in his draft year - was a top 40 pick for me while Reway was a 4th or 5th rounder in my opinion, and the draft bore that out.
Straka got led astray in a poor situation in Rimouski, but has his game back on track.

The big dogs in the scouting world don't think Straka is overly skilled, heard that quite often this season. I think his skill is okay, but certainly not at Reway's level. The kid can dangle like few others...just hope he learns the rest of the game, particularly using his teammates more effectively. That's not an issue with Straka.

Anyway - that's my take. Not trying to be difficult or anything. :)

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I don't see the similarity to be honest - five inches difference in height, Reway is definitely more skilled, but Straka works harder and plays a smarter game.

I preferred Straka quite a bit more in his draft year - was a top 40 pick for me while Reway was a 4th or 5th rounder in my opinion, and the draft bore that out.
Straka got led astray in a poor situation in Rimouski, but has his game back on track.

The big dogs in the scouting world don't think Straka is overly skilled, heard that quite often this season. I think his skill is okay, but certainly not at Reway's level. The kid can dangle like few others...just hope he learns the rest of the game, particularly using his teammates more effectively. That's not an issue with Straka.

Hey no problem. Different takes on same players....won't be the first time. I'm mostly comparing the portion of skills vs overall game. To me, Straka played a much smarter game as he progressed. I didn't like how he was playing it in his draft year. But again, I wasn't that much present LIVE in his draft year, only had to refer myself to the TV games I saw which was quite often though. But sometimes, you are lucky or not based on the games and the matchups you see. I know that the player that I've seen the most on TV in his draft year was Charles Hudon and in NONE of those games did the guy impressed me and I was looking at every aspect of the game I could see...on TV. Clearly, he's making me look like a fool now. And that's fine with me. Not the first, won't be the last.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

That reminds me of one of Archambault weakness IIRC. I do hope Reway fares better than him though.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The US NHL Network has been replaying the WJC's. Watched the US-Slovakia game the other night, was very impressed that Reway saw so much ice time for a 17 year old as he was used on the top line all night. I didn't care for his effort at times in his own end, and unlike Hudon who always seems to keep his feet moving I noticed in the couple games i've seen of Reway he was floating/coasting several times.

But he looks to be highly skilled as he was moving the puck really well and used his speed to create chances despite his team getting shelled by a much better team.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Said it earlier, but when I see Réway play, he reminds me of Tomas Tatar. Certainly rawer than Tomas was at the same age, but he's got the same shiftiness in his game and the same desire to have the puck at all times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad