Post-Game Talk: Habs defeat the evil Senators at the Bell Centre

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
Brady Tkachuk has a NMC that kicks in July 1st. Ottawa should trade him before then, no way that dude is resigning for that disaster of a franchise after his contract is over.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
So that's where this meme came from :slaugh:

View attachment 915923
Care Bears.jpg

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I see the Sens are falling in the same trap as the Laffs. Who the F is Tyler Kleven? Pretty sure they have better young dmen that this pylon. Why on hell do you give this guy TOI? It's like Benoit with Toronto (who was terrible in playoffs). It's what we used to do in the early 2k. I'm all for big players but they must be able to play hockey. Happy to see we have a management who think in 2024.

Reactions: Runner77 and HabsQC

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Yeah, I actually didn't hate Dvorak tonight. Kapanen and Heineman deserve long looks. I would keep them in.

ABB & Pezz should sit for awhile.

The October schedule is favorable for a good start. 11 games: 7 at home, only 4 on the road.
I said before the game that had the potential to be one of the best fourth lines in the league. I don't feel I was wrong.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Josh Anderson and Justin Barron - not their best games, otherwise it was correct/good from everyone

The stand-outs for me were Monty, Caufield. Hutson, Guhle, who were incredible. Newhook was super solid too.

I thought Barron was good minus the penalty.

If Anderson gives us that every night, he's a good bottom 6 player, I'll take it.

Agree with your standouts, though I thought Newhook was invisible for two periods. If he can create havic the way he did most of the 3rd period on a more consistent basis, he'll have a monster year.

Slaf & Suzuki being meh yet still winning their minutes and putting up points is a great sign.

Kapanen was very good... Getting PP & PK minutes, being very reliable in his own end and poised with the puck on his stick are all great signs from a rookie.

Great start to the season

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
It's too soon to project what kind of player Heineman is or if he is even one but i remember most of our fans calling the Toffoli trade a bad trade for the past 2 years and atm he doesn't look bad at all. I like Toffoli but he's a complimentary piece and Heineman looks like a potential 3rd line player and Mesar is having a good start in the AHL. Again too soon obviously it means nothing but people should not bust players under the age of 23.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I think Newhook played great game tonight, and has chemistry with Kirby. Armia is a little bit invisible in this line, and sometimes Dmen mishandled/fan the puck wasting the chances

Will be interesting to see who the 3rd wheel will be

Candidates:

- Anderson and Heineman because they each have the speed to match Dach and Newhook.

- kapanen brings skill.

- Slaf, if we break up the 1st line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad