Habs cut seven plays including Roy

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Someone else looked like he could help us win so we're going with that guy instead, that's a positive consequence of hoarding picks and in-house competition was always going to catch some of these guys up

Albeit it might be sad for him, this is good for the team

Reactions: Habs13

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
I think cutting Roy was the best call - even though I didn't think it would happen. He's a good kid with a bright future but seemed way too comfortable thinking his spot was guaranteed and now he has been served a stern message. He'll work his way back and finish the year with the Habs, I'm sure.
100% agree…..I’m surprised by this cut, but not because he deserved to be on the team….rather, I was thinking maybe his play last year before injury gave him a free pass to not play hard in the preseason. I’m glad it didn’t.

Reactions: Habs13

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
No problem with that roster. Top line should have that growth in production,; Dach leads the 2nd and hopefully with the skating on that line it scores goals off the rush, especially Anderson. The bottom. 6 should see guys in and out, like Roy. The D was
as expected. Excited to see Hutson of course.
I agree the special teams will be challenged again, unless Hutson perks that PP up. And I think he will.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
Glad they sent Roy down, earned his spot in Laval.
2nd line, lol.

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
Glad to see Heineman and Kapanen make the team. Have to imagine Roy will be back soon enough but he's going to have to show a little hunger.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
In a perfect world, Anderson should have been cut based on his camp. Not a Gallagher fan but he was passable.

Yes, but I do think cutting Roy may benefit him and us down the road. He’s a talented player, but as we saw again this pre-season the effort isn’t always there. This could be the kick in the ass he needs to play harder, it could literally make or break his career.

Anderson won’t be part of the club when it matters, Roy might be.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
The good news is that preseason is over.

That was the worst one I can remember... and we lose TWO guys in longterm injuries. It doesn't get worse than that.

At least Hutson answered the bell. Lone bright spot.

Reactions: Andy

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I would have rathered Primeau play a lot in the AHL all those years we had him riding the pine in the NHL.

Similarly, I'd rather Dobes play a ton in Laval than be the backup in Montreal not playing much.

But, if Primeau falters and Dobes plays well this year, have to think Dobes will get a look.
All those years???

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
Considering the rate of injuries and level of play in the pre-season it seems very likely these same players will be brought back into the lineup very soon!

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Roy did not seize the opportunity whatsoever. Thats 100% on him and he’ll have some reflecting to do on that.

Kapanen has earned his spot in spades.
As long as MSL was tellling Roy that he had to do more to retain his spot on the NHL roster then he needs to learn that he wasn't doing enough.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
We are at 23 healthy and 3 injured
We are 3M above the cap,
we still need to paper 4 waiver exempt guys to be compliant
Can we paper waive Oliver or does that break the convention?
I've always thought paper waiving was stupid to begin with just having the capacity to do so should be enough.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I hope the “let’s not acquire top6 help so it doesn’t get in the way of Roy’s development” camp enjoy their crow.

Depth is always good. Improving the roster is always good. Internal competition is always good.

It’s a contact sport, I’d rather have a 2nd line talent on the third line and ready to step up than have not enough or “just enough” top6ers and hope everything works out.

Man was that 'I don't care about getting help because we have Roy' take incredibly poor then and only aged horribly since lol.

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
Can we paper waive Oliver or does that break the convention?
Dont think that breaks anything
Anyway we have 7 waiver exempt guys,
if Kapanen is a problem, it can be Xhekaj, Hutson, Heineman and Struble as I dont think they do Slaf or Guhle
Or we put RHP on LTIR and paper only 2 players

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
All those years???
Primeau has had 5 pro seasons since he turned pro. Look how many games he's played in each! And that meant last year he wasn't ready so he also didn't play enough for a developing goalie!

At least it's been better inder the current administration. But it wasn't good under Bergevin!

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
Man was that 'I don't care about getting help because we have Roy' take incredibly poor then and only aged horribly since lol.
Yep, we don’t Liane because we have Roy, lol. Laine is a depth guy and Roy is a 2nd liner.

You would think a guy who knew a good camp would solidify his spot as a regular nhl would show up hungry. Outworked by not 1 but 4 guys, ABB, Hein, Kap, and Tuch

• Haha
Reactions: ReHabs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad