Pre-Game Talk: Habs @ Coyote : Wednesday October 30th at 22H

If it's up to you, Price will play against?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It might be time to bench Byron. Or demote him to the 4th line and move Suzuki up

If the plan is to keep Byron as a piece for the future, you can bench him. However, if the plan is to sell him for assets, don't bench him cause the minute you do, the GM vultures that are interested circle around ready to strike on a low ball offer. That is not they way you get solid value for a player you can spare.

Byron is a victim of being moved all over the line-up and has not consistency at the moment. Keep him in the top 9 for a 10 game stretch... he's not a liability out there.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
If the plan is to keep Byron as a piece for the future, you can bench him. However, if the plan is to sell him for assets, don't bench him cause the minute you do, the GM vultures that are interested circle around ready to strike on a low ball offer. That is not they way you get solid value for a player you can spare.

Byron is a victim of being moved all over the line-up and has not consistency at the moment. Keep him in the top 9 for a 10 game stretch... he's not a liability out there.

Yeah 'cause no ones going to notice he's doing jack shit? :huh:

Reactions: Runner77

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

My take is Byron is a victim of having a contract he won't be able to live up to.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Yeah 'cause no ones going to notice he's doing jack ****? :huh:

Nope. Everyone is marveling new and improved Jonathan Drouin.

Speaking of which... maybe if he keeps going for anotehr 10 games or so he could be used to get a top level left D? Jordan Weal can always pick up the goal scoring slack.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Always good to have a backup plan. For the moment, teams are pretty much all lumped together in the standings and no need to make severe drastic moves.

I've never heard it done before, but it may be the way to bring Primeau along for the next few years, until he's no longer able to clear waivers: have him as number 1 in Laval, call him up for back to backs, and then send him down after the game. He's young and needs to get as many games in as possible. No way he should be backing up Price anytime soon and sitting on the bench for long stretches.

Reactions: angusyoung

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I've never heard it done before, but it may be the way to bring Primeau along for the next few years, until he's no longer able to clear waivers: have him as number 1 in Laval, call him up for back to backs, and then send him down after the game. He's young and needs to get as many games in as possible. No way he should be backing up Price anytime soon and sitting on the bench for long stretches.

Why not though? good option to maximize if Kinkaid falters somewhat.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
Ino they pkayed like crap against Detroit because it was a back to back.

Price has been better than Kinkaid. Maybe Primeau will be ready to also be in the second half of the season.
There is nothing wrong with Kinkaid. It's not his fault the opponents can take a virtual express highway on the left towards a clear path to the net.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
I would agree with that.
If he's ready to go, than go.

Still depend on what type of game Arizona will give him. If it's a 35+ shots, then maybe put Kinkaid in Vegas but if it's a 25ish shot, then i have no problem to put him back to back.
On the contrary, Price plays better when faced with a high volume of shots.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
There is nothing wrong with Kinkaid. It's not his fault the opponents can take a virtual express highway on the left towards a clear path to the net.

Even if there's nothing wrong with Kinkaid, it doesn't mean Primeau won't have surpassed him sometime in effectiveness later this year.

Reactions: angusyoung

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Great place to see a game,cheap,easy driving and parking.
Cheap? Yes.
Parking? easy yes.
Getting to the game? Not so easy.
The rink has been a major problem all these years. Nobody from the east valley likes the drive all the way there in bad traffic.
the new billionare owner is committed to build a new arena in the east valley where more of us live that like hockey.

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Cheap? Yes.
Parking? easy yes.
Getting to the game? Not so easy.
The rink has been a major problem all these years. Nobody from the east valley likes the drive all the way there in bad traffic.
the new billionare owner is committed to build a new arena in the east valley where more of us live that like hockey.

From Chandler to the arena is a bit of a hike,nothing like Montreal though.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
From Chandler to the arena is a bit of a hike,nothing like Montreal though.
Around a 50 minute drive , a few times almost 1.5 hours depending on traffic. Very shortly new loop 303 opens that will cut time in half from east valley to west valley.

Is Montreal bad? At least the rink is downtown. And you have mass transit.

When I go there we're staying in old Montreal, still not sure how we'll get to the rink , maybe Uber.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Great game Saturday night vs the Leafs... don't go blow it now with a loss to frickin Zona!

This year it seems we beat the powerhouses or play them inch for inch and lose to the bottom feeders.

It's ridiculous! Let's get a win streak going boys!!

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Around a 50 minute drive , a few times almost 1.5 hours depending on traffic. Very shortly new loop 303 opens that will cut time in half from east valley to west valley.

When I go there we're staying in old Montreal, still not sure how we'll get to the rink , maybe Uber.

Take the metro when in Montreal. At times the city is like a parking lot,and never know when that will occur.

Usually I stick around Sky Harbor and time it to go to a game after a round.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

There are Metro stops in Old Montreal. You can be at the Bell Centre in 12 minutes.

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Seems like I will be missing some games again. Will be spinning a wheel of countries destinations tomorrow with a friend to know where we'll be going, from Wednesday to Sunday. Will make sure there are no Syria, North Korea, etc
:laugh:

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
ah jeez... for a sec I thought the game was tonight... sigh. and it's freaking cold outside today... i need to become one of them snowbirds and move to phoenix for the winter.

So who do we need to watch out at the Coyotes team? Now that Galchenyuk is not there the "rivalry" is just not the same.

Brad Richardson had very good luck scoring PK goals last year for some odd reason

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Brad Richardson had very good luck scoring PK goals last year for some odd reason
Not this year. He may have been there best overall forward this year but it's been a struggle this year. Grabner had a SH against the Devils last game. He's dangerous on the PK because of his speed.

There top line is Dvorek, schmaltz and Garland.
Still waiting on Kessel to get it going but he started his decline last year. And there's no Geno in the desert.

Reactions: abo9

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
So did Paul Byron... :skeptic:

For the first time in his career, Byron does not have to worry about earning his paycheck in a year.

If he's not bought out, he's probably out of the league when the contract expires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad