Proposal: Habs & Canucks Blockbuster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Both camps needs a change

Habs : Petry (to play with Ekman) + Gallagher + Price at 6mil + 2rd pick 2023, this gives a chance to the Canucks to be better now and possibly make the playoff
for
Canucks : Hoglander (Gallagher takes his place) + Demko + 2nd pick 2022 + Cap dumb (Hamonic ? )

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam

Habs : Petry (to play with Ekman) + Gallagher + Price at 6mil + 2rd pick 2023, this gives a chance to the Canucks to be better now and possibly make the playoff
for
Canucks : Hoglander (Gallagher takes his place) + Demko + 2nd pick 2022 + Cap dumb (Hamonic ? )

Toffoli + Petry(2mil retained)

for

Pearson + Poolman + Halak and a 2nd

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Read it 5 times.
Why VAN would trade Demko & Hoglander for a bunch of older guys, who may not make them better, still escapes me
Come on now, Gallagher is what Canucks needs (grid and intensity and he is better then Hoglander)
Demko is ok but he is not Price, he will be better then Demko for the next 5 years
Petry will be the best RD in your freaking teams for the next 3 year as well.
And on top of that i am offering to take a cap dumb and you know that isn't cheap;
So you guys have a crazy center lines but you suck at wing and defense , the price to pay is Demko here.
But you know what,, just keep losing and whining
Habs will get a future stars (top 3 2022) and great prospect (Ghule) coming in.

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007

for

Wow you tried really hard to have the worse trade of the year on hfboard.

Reactions: gianni

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Fan of both teams, this does not make sense at all for VAN. Demko is younger better (safe playoff Price maybe) healthier and cheaper than Price. I could see Gallagher being traded to VAN add grit in front of the net but why would VAN trade Hoglander if they are trying to contend ? In terms of cap this is way off too.

Reactions: Metal Tattooist 71

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Demko is team MVP and Hoglander, an ELC, has been dynamite.

Petry is the only piece with any possible appeal for us, and even he isn't as needed as he was under Benning Green. We don't need a top none winger, and we don't need an older, hit or miss,, goalie. We need, and are planning on, a rebuild so moving youth for older players is beyond counter productive.

The question asked is still not being answered: why do the Canucks consider this?

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
price hasn't been good for years
don't let a small playoff sample size fool you
I think it's kind of crazy that Price can play at a mediocre level for years, but the second he starts showing some life people instantly think he is elite again
Being a fan of both teams and trying to be objective, Price is still a great goalie. But he has carried this team alone until 2017 and at some point Bergevin changes have made the team so bad he could not carry them anymore, and he has undoubtfully regressed (I believe this is rather a mental issue seeing his performance don t matter, since as you have seen in the playoffs he was back when stakes were high) butI don‘t think he would have the same stats on another team. However I believe that right now I prefer having Demko than Price due to contract and health concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad