Post-Game Talk: Habs can't stop a puck or stay healthy. Rags wipe out Habs in Montreal.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This is the shithole Bergevin left us with.
As much as Molson deserves credit for hiring current management, he has the burden of responsibility for having hired Bergevin, for extending him too quickly, for keeping him far too long all the while fashioning himself a hockey executive among the many other hats he wore.

Good news is that not only he’s now left it in the capable hands of new people, but it looks like Geoff is not as immediately involved. The org is much better structured. It was the shithole that Geoff allowed Bergevin to leave behind as he was incapable of taking corrective measures in a timely manner.

This is continuing to cost in terms of time needed for a turnaround but at least it’s been trending in the right direction.

As your post implied, there is no bandaid solution. In the meantime, nice to see some high upside scoring talents in the fold.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Math Savard
Hutson Guhle
Xhekaj barron
Struble Mailloux

I guess the idea was to make room and get some playing time / internal competition among the bottom 4 or 5 listed.

I was thinking earlier that they could use Kovacevic.
Hutson needed and needs to be in the AHL. He is not ready to play defense in the NHL. That eliminates the need to trade one of the two d-men they unloaded over the summer. Mailloux was sent down so I don't know why you got him on your lineup.

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Essentially replaced Monahan with a rusty Dach and Harris with Hutson ...not sure why anyone expected a "step". Management did not do enough to insulate these young guys.
THIS

Everyone who believed we would be better than bottom 10, only has themselves to blame.

Reinbacher was the wrong pick and that is a year lost in the rebuild. Next year Demidov will be here and that wil help us. If you want a rebuild to go good, you need to wait for your top drafted players to have an impact.

The only player we drafted in the first round since the rebuild started whos on our team is Slafkovsky.

Mesar, Bech, Hage and, Reinbacher are all far away. Lucky we drafted Demidov.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
1) Getting reps to Harris and Kovacevic make no sense. They were not parts of our near or long term future. That's why they are gone. We need Guhle, Hutson, Barron, Mailloux, and Struble (and Reinbacher) to get better at the NHL level, so that they peak when the team can compete for the cup again.

2) No scheme is going to help this defense, only time. A lot of it.
Savard is not part of our near or long-term future, but he's on the team. You don't keep one or both of Harris and Kovacevic because they are in our plans. You keep them to insulate the young D-men in our pool. If Harris was still here, Hutson could be where he needs to be in the AHL, and Harris could also spell Barron. Our defense last year wasn't great but compared to this year's it looked like everyone of them would be Norris Trophy nominated.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Barron shouldn't have been playing in the first place.

Bit of a joke that Matheson got an instigator when he didn't drop the gloves and rush Trouba like what you mostly see.

Anytime the Habs player throws a hit and drops the gloves there's almost never an instigator.

Anyways, Marty can get lost at the end of the season

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Hutson needed and needs to be in the AHL. He is not ready to play defense in the NHL. That eliminates the need to trade one of the two d-men they unloaded over the summer. Mailloux was sent down so I don't know why you got him on your lineup.
As I said, the plan was to get mailloux playing time, which we are literally seeing right now.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Savard is not part of our near or long-term future, but he's on the team. You don't keep one or both of Harris and Kovacevic because they are in our plans. You keep them to insulate the young D-men in our pool. If Harris was still here, Hutson could be where he needs to be in the AHL, and Harris could also spell Barron. Our defense last year wasn't great but compared to this year's it looked like everyone of them would be Norris Trophy nominated.

Hudson doesn't need to be in the AHL lol.

What.the.f***

He's going to have bad games, he will have 20-30-40 bad games.
I don't give a flying f***.

He might win the calder if he gets 60 pts.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Hey Jeff,Kent remember that game where the Caps Rag-dolled the Rangers,yeah.....were there. Even Laviolette looked embarrassed for the habs :clap:

I'm not embarrassed for the Habs. We're rebuilding. Hopefully it gives the young guys a kick in the butt to know what it takes to be a winning team in the NHL - they will have to work hard to improve their individual skills and team 200 foot game.

And no vet should feel entitled to ice time, or even to be in the lineup.

RabbleMasterBlaster

J't'un gars d'chez nous
Jun 29, 2020
Singapore
There is (was) a lot more depth at D than F, it's why Xhekaj and Struble got benched... not enough spots.

And too many LD, Mailloux plays cause he's RD. We need a trade. Many trades.
Ya I get that but Arber brings an element that no other man does. And it's a massive hole on the team overall (talking about toughness). I'm watching that faceoffs series right now and man... I'm really looking at Utah who drafted Tij (that was my pick this year) and thinking... If this kid turns out like M. Tkachuk did... We'll have missed the opportunity to add an impact player at least twice in the last 3 years...

Anyways... Arber should be dressed. Cut someone else.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Ya I get that but Arber brings an element that no other man does. And it's a massive hole on the team overall (talking about toughness). I'm watching that faceoffs series right now and man... I'm really looking at Utah who drafted Tij (that was my pick this year) and thinking... If this kid turns out like M. Tkachuk did... We'll have missed the opportunity to add an impact player at least twice in the last 3 years...

Anyways... Arber should be dressed. Cut someone else.
I want them to try Arber at LW. He's a perfect 4th liner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad