Post-Game Talk: Habs beat Sens 3-2 in OT

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Whatever happened to all the hockey geniuses that flooded the thread after Chairot signed that told us how terrible he was and what an awful signing it was?

Where did they go? They were really easy to find the first few games when Chairot didn't look great but now they are nowhere to be seen.

It's almost like they disappeared. It's the strangest thing. When Jiri Sekac was traded there were tons of people lamenting what a horrible trade it was and it was going to haunt the Canadiens and then... they just disappeared. When Philip Danault was acquired there were tons of people that said it was a horrible acquisition and then... they just disappeared. Then Subban for Weber. Then Galchenyuk for Domi...

It's amazing how many posts we get screaming about how stupid the management is and how horrible their moves are and how few posts we get from people admitting they were dead wrong.

Funny how that works.

Last edited:

David25

Nov 22, 2016
Primeau with his 1st NHL win! Congrats, kid.

Despite the OT game winning play, Domi really sucked in this game. Redemption, I guess, in OT.

Poehling looked really good. Much better than in his 1st call up.

Weal is useless.

Leskinen too many defensive errors. We are so weak @ LHD.

Hey, 3 wins in a row. Should be 4 against Detroit this Saturday.

We could use Mete back.
Domi had 2 assist tonight. Also, I heard Byron might make a return Saturday

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Primeau_Cayden.png

433px-Jean_auguste_dominique_ingres_princesse_albert_de_broglie_detail.jpg

Not quite identical but close enough

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Whatever happened to all the hockey geniuses that flood the thread after Chairot signed that told us how terrible he was and what an awful signing it was.

Where did they go?

It's almost like they disappeared. It's the strangest thing. When Jiri Sekac was traded there were tons of people lamenting what a horrible trade it was and it was going to haunt the Canadiens and then... they just disappeared. When Philip Danault was acquired there were tons of people that said it was a horrible acquisition and then... they just disappeared. Then Subban for Weber. Then Galchenyuk for Domi...

It's amazing how many posts we get screaming about how stupid the management is and how horrible there moves are and how few posts we get from people admitting they were dead wrong.

Funny how that works.
Charriot was f***ing horrible at the start of the year, there's no changing that no matter how hard you try.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
And he cost his team a point...

Ya no. Terrible d coverage. Chabot could have easily caught up with Chiarot.

But who cares, why are you so adamant that he screwed the game for the Sens? I take it you were anti Brady on draft day and will hold your position forever? Is that it?

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I'm all for being patient with players, but I can't see anything worth being patient about in Otto Leskinen. Just a fad player with way too many brainfarts for his offensive talent.

He reminds me of a bad Rafael Diaz. And Diaz was pretty damn horrible.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I find Cousins has been good the last little while. He's brought some energy and has been consistent. He's looked good next to Suzuki.

But Weal has been invisible. Give Suzuki someone better on the right side and I can live with Cousins on the left if he continues to play like he has been recently.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Doesn't matter really. His team is going nowhere. And the beat Boston two days ago... Something Habs were unable to do this season so far.

We beat Boston this year. What? You don't remember the infamous Coyle off-side no goal call?

We won 5-4 when the Bruins were really hot too. Now they're sucking and have lost 4 in row.

If you want to slobber all over Tkachuk then do it on the Sens board. This is a Montreal board/thread. I really don't give a crap about Tkachuk.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Cool... Habs finally managed not to blow a lead against a very crappy team. Good for them.

A genuine congrats to Primeau on his first win. The rest... whatevs at this point. Not like winning some odd games going to make them into a contender. Bergevin gotta go.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
That's actually an extremely difficult shot to control.
I guess you and I have vastly different definitions of "extremely" especially when he kicked it right to the open player.

If you want to put the blame on someone, it's definitely on Otto..
I put the blame on both.

Ya no. Terrible d coverage. Chabot could have easily caught up with Chiarot.

But who cares, why are you so adamant that he screwed the game for the Sens? I take it you were anti Brady on draft day and will hold your position forever? Is that it?
Nice so you accuse me of being "anti Brady" and hold my position forever when you are defending Tkachuk and his horrendous mistake in OT.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Runner, cracked a fresh miller in your Honor

Thank you, good Sir. To your health! Enjoy Maui!

I'm hoping Jaffy will fly me there one day, if I should have any excess funds Romanian.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014

While everyone celebrated around Chiarot, Weber went straight to Primeau for his first win.

And as Marc Denis also said in the post-game interview with Primeau, Price went to pick up the puck to give to Primeau.

Saw that on the reply. Everyone went to Ben and Weber took a hard right

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Dude you clearly know nothing about goaltending. Blame Tkachuk for the OT pass (Chabot messed up worst though) but blaming Primeau for that rebound is plain ignorant.
Didn't know I was speaking with a goaltending expert here. Tkachuk had a horrible OT pass and you are shifting the majority of the blame to Chabot then accuse me of doing similar things with Primeau.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad