Habs at the World Championships (May 10-May 26) | TSN, TSN.ca, NHLN, IIHF Worlds 2024 YouTube channel

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
He is made to be a hab.. hasnt really had success with either USA U20 OR ABOVE it seems like they wont work around his style while here, we do. Its okay. No need to have international success for us to be happy. Its not like he is canadian anyway hehe.
Don't get me wrong I appreciate Caufield but on the international stage he simply doesn't stick out. His 2021 play off performance proved to me he is a money player.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He is made to be a hab.. hasnt really had success with either USA U20 OR ABOVE it seems like they wont work around his style while here, we do. Its okay. No need to have international success for us to be happy. Its not like he is canadian anyway hehe.
Yeah. It’ll be the only time I’m cheering against him.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Nobody will ever fault Coles effort but he wasn't very good, lol.
He's not very good, other than the snipe from the half wall, releasing before traffic.. sure there is value in that, but way too much of a premiuim to pay. Unfortunate we are locked in and building our top 6 to over compensate for our "once again" lack of size. It's like a never ending carousel of left over small guys CH nation go bonkers over without seeing the overall deficiencies.. add in Hutson, can you imagine Michkov thrown in there? Tabarwet.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
You are obsessed with Suzuki man. Why bring him up? You bring him up randomly all the time. It reeks of insecurity about this player.

Suzuki’s great in his own right. Be confident about that and stop randomly bringing him up whenever a young center is doing well. Couzens will be whatever he is. It has zero to do with Nick.

Take your own advice and let it go.

Btw, turn on your TV and watch this guy. He’s having a great game. Best player on the ice today.
It's more than just that game. He has been great the whole championship.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Well can't wait to see the consistency of multiple playoffs that we should start seeing soon. Not that long ago, some were saying JK could be a playoff performer too based on his 2nd season too.....
Moving the goalposts much? He proved more against TO and Vegas than any of the losers Toronto has.

He’ll be fine. He didn’t want to be at the Worlds, very simple. But he NEEDS to in order to be at least considered for the Olympics.

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
Moving the goalposts much? He proved more against TO and Vegas than any of the losers Toronto has.

He’ll be fine. He didn’t want to be at the Worlds, very simple. But he NEEDS to in order to be at least considered for the Olympics.
They added Tavares and PLD, lol, Suzuki has nothing to worry about.

Reactions: Miller Time

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Canada plays Czech Republic for 1st place in division on Tuesday (May 21), and they've added Pastrnak, Necas & Zacha over the weekend. All 3 are expected to play tomorrow.
Yeah I started watching against the Swiss so we should have two decent caliber games in a row.
The only real surprise for me so far is Austria and Finland.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Wasn't suzuki also one of the players who played the most games in the entire league in the past 3-4 years? He deserves a lil rest
He's getting Married also.
He didn't have to play to be on Canada's radar but he's going to have to play top notch hockey next season if he hopes to win a spot.
You just know Doug Armstrong will be pushing for Robert Thomas long before ever looking Suzuki's way even as a winger.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

No idea in what world does 4 goals in 20 games, 12 points in 20 games in one single playoffs means that he is a proven playoff performer. Oh and just being there to be considered....do you really think if he does nothing he will?

And those losers in Toronto are losers as a team. But whether it's Marner, Matthews and Nylander have all better PPG in playoffs than Caufield. Do you know what makes them losers? Expectations. The day that Montreal starts to have expectations to be cup contender, pretty sure Caufield being .60 PPG won't be enough. And the only thing I'm saying is that we need some time to know. Pretty sure you would not have called Matthews and Cie losers after 1 or 2 playoffs would you? If so...how can you call Caufield a playoff performer based solely on 1?

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Wasn't suzuki also one of the players who played the most games in the entire league in the past 3-4 years? He deserves a lil rest
Yeah this is plain stupid. Played 82 games 2 years in a row and logs the hardest minutes. Jesus give the man a break!
I’m very concerned about the lack of production. 10 goals and no points? Wow.
He needs to find a way to get his shot back because it's non-existent atm.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Are people actually upset that he sat this tournament out? Like fans of the Habs? Are people dense? This is the most inconsequential tournament in hockey. It’s lower than NHL preseason in terms of importance. He’s been dragging the Habs for years and wants a summer off.

And if Team Canada holds this against him, that’s their loss. They can bring perennial losers like Marner and Tavares to the World Cup/Olympics and see how that works out for them. But then again it’s the same organization that has chosen players like Scott Hannan, Brendan Morrow, Kris Draper and Chris Kunitz to big tournaments. I don’t expect much from them in terms of intelligence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad