Habs at the World Championships (May 10-May 26) | TSN, TSN.ca, NHLN, IIHF Worlds 2024 YouTube channel

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Well can't wait to see the consistency of multiple playoffs that we should start seeing soon. Not that long ago, some were saying JK could be a playoff performer too based on his 2nd season too.....
I always thought the KK playoff performer narrative was silly. A non-goal scorer that randomly scored goals in the playoffs (23% shooting percentage). It was never sustainable.

skidcells

May 11, 2023
I don’t see how that’s relevant
Caufield has 12 points in his first 20 playoff games. Pacioretty had 11 in 21. Similar production both being more goal scorers than playmakers, both mostly perimeter players, both not great on the forecheck.

I am not shitting on Pacioretty, I actually think you would be a good playoff team if he is your 4th/5th best contributor. All I am saying is that I see Caufield similar to that. He can still improve but as of what I have seen now, I am not sure you will go far if you rely on Caufield to lead your offense in the playoffs unless you have a Price type in net.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Caufield has 12 points in his first 20 playoff games. Pacioretty had 11 in 21. Similar production both being more goal scorers than playmakers, both mostly perimeter players, both not great on the forecheck.

I am not shitting on Pacioretty, I actually think you would be a good playoff team if he is your 4th/5th best contributor. All I am saying is that I see Caufield similar to that. He can still improve but as of what I have seen now, I am not sure you will go far if you rely on Caufield to lead your offense in the playoffs unless you have a Price type in net.
Max’s first 21 playoff games were when he was 24-25 years old. Cole was 20. Max was an established player on the Habs for a few seasons at that point. Cole joined the team late and was thrown into the fire. It’s not at all comparable situations. Far more impressive what Cole did.

skidcells

May 11, 2023
Max’s first 21 playoff games were when he was 24-25 years old. Cole was 20. Max was an established player on the Habs for a few seasons at that point. Cole joined the team late and was thrown into the fire. It’s not at all comparable situations. Far more impressive what Cole did.
Stylistically I see them as similar type of players (with different frames off course). Time will tell how Caufield’s pkayoff career evolves.

For the record, I do hope you are right as that would mean the Habs are much closer to the cup than I would think. So I’ll happily eat my crow especially if it means we win a cup in a few years.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Stylistically I see them as similar type of players (with different frames off course). Time will tell how Caufield’s pkayoff career evolves.

For the record, I do hope you are right as that would mean the Habs are much closer to the cup than I would think. So I’ll happily eat my crow especially if it means we win a cup in a few years.
Maybe it’ll be like Pastrnak. Not someone that makes a difference every shift, but the fact that they can score with any shot makes them valuable in the postseason.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Im talking Olympics more
Then Monty needs to go.

Or Carey Price comes in undertaker style. Binnington is in net, allows in a softie and the light closes and you hear the bell ring. Lights come back on and there's an oversized coffin in the middle of the ice. Price rises, jumps down from the coffin and his knees buckle under him. He still goes on to win tournament MVP.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

Caufield was a raw rookie in those playoffs and played in limited minutes (15 mins per game avg) You can’t extract much from that other than he did pretty well for a kid just walking in.

As for Max, he was a good player. Not good enough to lead an offense alone. But that’s the situation we put him in.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Then Monty needs to go.

Or Carey Price comes in undertaker style. Binnington is in net, allows in a softie and the light closes and you hear the bell ring. Lights come back on and there's an oversized coffin in the middle of the ice. Price rises, jumps down from the coffin and his knees buckle under him. He still goes on to win tournament MVP.
For the Olympics...I wish we have other options. Logan Thompson. Adin Hill? Joel Hofer? Or depends of the progression of Nico Daws. Geez, maybe at this point we'd have to ask Carter George...lol

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
For the Olympics...I wish we have other options. Logan Thompson. Adin Hill? Or depends of the progression of Nico Daws. Geez, maybe at this point we'd have to ask Carter George...lol
Thompson and Monty is good enough, especially with the forwards and Ds.

It's comparable to wtv US and Sweden Will bring. There's only Russia that has a dangerous duo.

Dylan Couzens is looking good today. Guy can shoot the puck.
Yep. I got convinced he had IQ concerns by a few Draft thread posters. Skating, effort, shot, physicality. He has it. He's a 2nd liner and clearly not as good as Suzuki but a very good player.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Thompson and Monty is good enough, especially with the forwards and Ds.

It's comparable to wtv US and Sweden Will bring. There's only Russia that has a dangerous duo.

Yep. I got convinced he had IQ concerns by a few Draft thread posters. Skating, effort, shot, physicality. He has it. He's a 2nd liner and clearly not as good as Suzuki but a very good player.
Had more points than Suzuki did until this year at age 21. Fallback in scoring this year at 22 years old. Too soon to say who he’s better than. But he looks terrific today.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Lol you need to let it to man, come on.
You are obsessed with Suzuki man. Why bring him up? You bring him up randomly all the time. It reeks of insecurity about this player.

Suzuki’s great in his own right. Be confident about that and stop randomly bringing him up whenever a young center is doing well. Couzens will be whatever he is. It has zero to do with Nick.

Take your own advice and let it go.

Btw, turn on your TV and watch this guy. He’s having a great game. Best player on the ice today.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Cole played 12min and his role was getting cross checked in the slot while Brady scored a hatty and Gaudreau broke records.

As expected HFHabs did not miss the opportunity to FUD even if they did not watch the game.

Reactions: dinodebino

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad