Habs at the World Championships (May 10-May 26) | TSN, TSN.ca, NHLN, IIHF Worlds 2024 YouTube channel

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Is Trey Augustine considered that much better than Jacob Fowler that he makes the IIHF US Team?

They were given the choice to stay in Prague or go back home. Celebrini went back for the lottery show.​
I watched some of the UK VS Canada game...I am not sure Canada has it this year...it's early though

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Remember Reinbacher missing the last few games of the Rocket? He declined the invitation citing an injury.

I don't remember him missing any games with the Rocket but playing hurt doesn't surprise me. Thanks for the insight

Reactions: Leto

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
I don't remember him missing any games with the Rocket but playing hurt doesn't surprise me. Thanks for the insight

Correction : I went back to check the game logs, he only missed the last game of the season after the Rocket was confirmed out of the playoffs.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Correction : I went back to check the game logs, he only missed the last game of the season after the Rocket was confirmed out of the playoffs.
You are right...the one game I didn't waste my time watching.

Reactions: Leto

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Robidas is very high on Guhle too.
Yep I just read his comments this morning. Feels good that his coach thinks that when seemingly everyone else writes him off. He's a cornerstone piece in the same vein as Seider IMO.

he was the 5th dman in ice time , but yeah he had a good game
All his coaches refuse to play him on the PP and he didn't play PK. Pretty lame.

I get Byram, Zellwegger and Power are talented but our boy has nothing to be envious about skills-wise. With the forwards on the ice too, they'd do good to use two Ds on the PP.

skidcells

May 11, 2023
Yep I just read his comments this morning. Feels good that his coach thinks that when seemingly everyone else writes him off. He's a cornerstone piece in the same vein as Seider IMO.

All his coaches refuse to play him on the PP and he didn't play PK. Pretty lame.

I get Byram, Zellwegger and Power are talented but our boy has nothing to be envious about skills-wise. With the forwards on the ice too, they'd do good to use two Ds on the PP.
If we want him to play pp on a best v best tournament we should start by playing him on our pp as well. Otherwise, no one will play him pp without knowing with certainty what he can deliver.

Last edited:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Denmark wins 5-1 over Austria. MBN didn't play for Norway. Too bad, I was hoping to catch a game of his.

Dichow was in net for Norway.

Austria doesn't have any offense, but Rohrer picked up an assist on the lone goal. He's a real battler. When it was 4-1, he was still going to the slot giving out cross-checks to D. lol

Reactions: Fenris

Locks

May 28, 2005
Is Trey Augustine considered that much better than Jacob Fowler that he makes the IIHF US Team?

I watched some of the UK VS Canada game...I am not sure Canada has it this year...it's early though
Augustine is USA Hockey's boy. He was with NTDP and started in two WJCs so it was natural for them to pick him for WC. And that even though Fowler has far better NCAA numbers as a top 3 goalie in the league and the Richter award finalist.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad