Proposal: Habs & ARI

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Crouse isn't an enforcer. He's a hockey player. Had a grand total of 1 fight last year against a middleweight. He's not paid to fight.

An enforcer won't change the Habs makeup or outlook next season. They are going to be bottom of the league again.
The POINT is to protect the young talent while they develop. If Crouse deosn't fight I am not interested in him.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
The POINT is to protect the young talent while they develop. If Crouse deosn't fight I am not interested in him.
If the point is to protect the young talent, then you sign a goon. Preferably, one that can play hockey. But with Xhekaj and Josh Anderson (and to a lesser degree Pezz), the Habs have some muscle. I wouldn't be opposed to trading for Deslaurier if he's available. He can still play 4th line hockey effectively.

I don't see Lucic/Reeves making any impact other than fighting each other.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Its not about turning a season around. Its about development / improvement over time. Losing 40 games due to injury prevented us from getting a whole picture of Slaf in his first NHL season. Furthermore, none of the other prospects from that draft (excluding Wright) played in the NHL. So its too early to judge or compare any of them (including Wright). Why is that so hard to comprehend? I can write slower if that helps you! lol

40....games... is.... to..... soon to properly.... evaluate / judge / compare..... players in the 2022.... draft.

(when you hit a .... , give it time for the words to soak in).
Ahhh it's the old spin the wheel of luck opinion, anything can happen opinion. He was just about to do better......maybe... I have hope... stop looking at the information we have and just hope!

Again, who do you think will be the better player next year, Cooley or Slaf?

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Ahhh it's the old spin the wheel of luck opinion, anything can happen opinion. He was just about to do better......maybe... I have hope... stip looking at the information we have and just hope!
I forgot, 40 games in D+1 defines a player's career. Slaf will be destined to be a 4th line winger / AHLer because his first 40 games were not blazing as an 18 year old.

Anything else you can add on how to predict a player's future in 40 games?

Reactions: Baksfamous112

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
I forgot, 40 games in D+1 defines a player's career. Slaf will be destined to be a 4th line winger / AHLer because his first 40 games were not blazing as an 18 year old.

Anything else you can add on how to predict a player's future in 40 games?
Again basic reading eludes you.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Ahhh it's the old spin the wheel of luck opinion, anything can happen opinion. He was just about to do better......maybe... I have hope... stop looking at the information we have and just hope!

That’s pretty irrelevant. I want to know who the better player will be in 4 years.

Anyway, Cooley is 19 as well. Being dominant in College does not necessarily means he’s coming in hot and will burn the league. I expect Cooley to have a decent season. 30-35 points, maybe?

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016

No it’s the old 40 games is too soon to judge or predict anything opinion. I think he’s been perfectly clear. Hilarious seeing you try to quip about reading comprehension after this display lmao.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Crouse would be perfect for the Habs. I’m not a fan of Keller.
Would be nice to have but it would also be hard to justify the asking price.

Montreal still doesn’t know what their needs will be when they will be competitive. They have an insanely good prospect pool but you never who is going to develop and who isn’t. We are starting to have an idea of our area of needs but we’re just not there yet. Rather wait another year or two before starting to throw first round picks offers out there

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
They are all great prospects and I think they will all be star players but I have a hunch that Cooley will be the best forward in terms of offense.

No doubt he has offensive skill. The area that is hard to predict is how they adjust to playing with the best men in the world and how time/space is reduced greatly. I'm not low on Cooley but we have seen a recent sample size of guys taking longer than expected.

If I had to bet money, I'd say they are all top 6F or top 4D but might not be top pairing or top line sure shot types. That's basically how Bob M described it and it might track that way overtime.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad