Value of: Habs 2 x 1sts 2025 + Jordan Harris/Jayden Struble

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Habs are in search of one more top 6 player to begin our competitive window. Preferably this player is under 25 to fit with our young core.

We offer....both of our 1sts in 2025 + your choice of a young LD in Jordan Harris or Struble. Both guys can slide in nicely on a third pair. That is probably their ceiling.

Let's see some offers!
That position be filled in UFA next summer

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Habs are in search of one more top 6 player to begin our competitive window. Preferably this player is under 25 to fit with our young core.

We offer....both of our 1sts in 2025 + your choice of a young LD in Jordan Harris or Struble. Both guys can slide in nicely on a third pair. That is probably their ceiling.

Let's see some offers!
That acquired pick in the 1st is complicated. It should get all the scenarios such as acquiring other MTL picks

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Montreal will finish bottom 5-10 in the league again so they would be fools to move their 1st right now.

Watch Ottawa and learn from their mistakes.

Rebuild is far from over.
Montreal isn't a PO team. Plus, their main issue right now is whether any of their D prospects show enough to truly be written down in Ink moving forward in the lineup card. That's the goal for the season for the coaching staff. Habs are going nowhere unless a couple of guys on the D step up to show that they are legit NHL calibre Dmen.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

Let's see some offers!
Everyone is untouchable just like the Habs middling prospects. Sorry.

• Haha
Reactions: BLONG7

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Habs window isn't close to being open. I know the Habs organization likes throwing their young player to the wolves and expect them to be stars right off the bat but that isn't how it works.

They might even be worse next season,

They lost
-Kovacevic
-Allen
-Monahan

Monahan had a good season and isn't easily replaced

Is Primeau ready for full time backup duties?

Is one of the defense rookies going to step in and easily take over Kovacevic's role?

Honestly the Hab's "Window" is probably opens two seasons from now.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
Habs window isn't close to being open. I know the Habs organization likes throwing their young player to the wolves and expect them to be stars right off the bat but that isn't how it works.

They might even be worse next season,

They lost
-Kovacevic
-Allen
-Monahan

Monahan had a good season and isn't easily replaced

Is Primeau ready for full time backup duties?

Is one of the defense rookies going to step in and easily take over Kovacevic's role?

Honestly the Hab's "Window" is probably opens two seasons from now.
If they are worse, it's definitely not because of the lost of those players. Kova was already the odd man out at the end of the season. Allen sucked all year. Monahan should be replaced easily by a healthy Dach and Newhook. If their key players don't regress and are injury free, they should be a little bit better.

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
Dear Habs fans, if you want to move Strubble/Harris because the blue line is full, please make a thread with them on their own, instead of a million nonsense packages. There are teams that need bottom pair left dmen and can offer a pick. Although at this point everyone is probably too annoyed and will want to offer nothing. Av's might need someone once one of their Dmen gets injured (it will happen.)

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Many of my fellow Habs fans need to understand something: Harris and Struble aren’t worth anything. Players of this calibre or better can be acquired at any time via waivers or free agency without having to give up assets. That reduces their value to nothing.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Exactly it's too early but it's quite possible that both picks are in the top 10 and the 2 players being mentioned here probably are of zero consideration of any team trading for those 2 picks.

I could see Winnipeg being interested with needing to move Rutger McGroarty and maybe a package along with Elhers could be had?

More likely though is a team with little playoff contention or expectations in the near future like Utah or Anaheim offering something?

Depends.

Adding another young LD for the Jets creates new problems, ie. the left has Morrissey, Samberg, Stanley and Heinola right now. Adding Harris, for example, means at least one of those guys is playing in the minors, likely Heinola which creates its own issues as he's not waiver exempt anymore.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Depends.

Adding another young LD for the Jets creates new problems, ie. the left has Morrissey, Samberg, Stanley and Heinola right now. Adding Harris, for example, means at least one of those guys is playing in the minors, likely Heinola which creates its own issues as he's not waiver exempt anymore.
The 2 Habs Dmen being offered have zero value i thought my post made that clear?

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
The 2 Habs Dmen being offered have zero value i thought my post made that clear?
They are borderline 6-7th Dmen on one of the worst teams in the league they have very little value, no team is trading for the Hbs first 2 draft picks in 25 and saying one or both of these players have to be included or there is no deal, it's the reality of their value which is slight.

You said "I could see Winnipeg being interested", I responded to that.
Sure but to be clear it would be the first 2 draft picks and they have 2 players of value that they want to move although that being said they are also a playoff team and in the real world it's doubt full they actually make this trade just that there would be some value there.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Yes it is clear you have no idea of player value. On their own they won't garner much but as an an add on in a bigger trade to a team that needs depth on defense they have value.

Reactions: viceroy

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
They don't have zero value. They don't have big value, but you're nuts if you think we couldn't get something for either of them.
I think this guy was mentioning you here,

Many of my fellow Habs fans need to understand something: Harris and Struble aren’t worth anything. Players of this calibre or better can be acquired at any time via waivers or free agency without having to give up assets. That reduces their value to nothing.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
When Harris and Struble are included in just about every MTL fans trade idea, other teams think that they are players that they want to dump, and therefore have no value. Maybe mix it up a bit, and add Gallagher and Anderson?:sarcasm:

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
When Harris and Struble are included in just about every MTL fans trade idea, other teams think that they are players that they want to dump, and therefore have no value. Maybe mix it up a bit, and add Gallagher and Anderson?:sarcasm:
It's important not to confuse random speculation on an Internet board with negotiations between NHL GMs. I know it's tricky. I get 'em mixed up all the time. :skeptic:

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

I get that Harris/Struble are spammed nonstop in proposals, but the real value is our 1st in this proposal. Habs could very well be a bottom 5 team, likely bottom 10 team. Not to mention there's a late 1st in here as well. It's hardly garbage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad