Value of: Habs 2 x 1sts 2025 + Jordan Harris/Jayden Struble

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Habs are in search of one more top 6 player to begin our competitive window. Preferably this player is under 25 to fit with our young core.

We offer....both of our 1sts in 2025 + your choice of a young LD in Jordan Harris or Struble. Both guys can slide in nicely on a third pair. That is probably their ceiling.

Let's see some offers!

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
Likely the teams that would be willing to move their top 6 forward, won't be offering the high-calibre player you are after.

The rebuilding teams don't have the player, the playoff teams won't want to give up the player unless they are stuck for cap and the middle teams are in the same spot.

Maybe Ehlers or Barbashev if not the obvious ones on Cirelli, Necas etc. The Jets would likely want a player who might replace some of Ehlers' production though. Vegas could have Barbashev available based on their cap situation but he has a M-NTC so could cause an issue.

Reactions: waitin425

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
seems like a bad strategy. retool for another couple years, let your kids develop and use your 1sts. dont try to rush it. or go ahead. MTL fast tracking it is fine with me
Agreed.....unless of course, said package returned a player that would be likely to transcend what this picks could become.

You must be new here because unless you were new, you'd know that you will never get a deal that will meet your expectations and it will just turn in to a conversation of "my asset is amazing and yours is shit so you're an idiot for offering/asking for that".
I completely expect this outcome. Im trying not to start it. This isn't a thread about should we do this, or should we do that. It is simply a value of thread. A guy can't even have his curiosity scratched without the usual shouting down.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Habs are in search of one more top 6 player to begin our competitive window. Preferably this player is under 25 to fit with our young core.

We offer....both of our 1sts in 2025 + your choice of a young LD in Jordan Harris or Struble. Both guys can slide in nicely on a third pair. That is probably their ceiling.

Let's see some offers!

That is 2 years away. There is no need at all to rush it with a deal like this. Just play J Roy on the 2nd line and see how it goes. If it doesnt work then try another young guy, or use Anderson or Gally there.

A few of the Dmen will be moved or The Habs will lose them on waivers but still, No to dealing the picks.

Speeding things up is how they got into this mess. Just be patient.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
That is 2 years away. There is no need at all to rush it with a deal like this. Just play J Roy on the 2nd line and see how it goes. If it doesnt work then try another young guy, or use Anderson or Gally there.

A few of the Dmen will be moved or The Habs will lose them on waivers but still, No to dealing the picks.

Speeding things up is how they got into this mess. Just be patient.
okay but...what is the value of that package?

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
okay but...what is the value of that package?
Others have already explained. Its not as much as Habs fans expect and more than others teams fans will admit.

Harris or Struble are good but nothing more and 5-6 guys who are young. Maybe one of them grows into a decent 4-5 guy.

The real value is in the 2 picks. 1 is likely to be the Fla pick so that's a really late 1st and The Habs one is likely to be a lottery pick.

The value seems to be close to or even better than the Hertl, Guentzel deals....so I guess someone like that with a long deal already in place or negotiated before hand by The Habs.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Right now we have Suzuki, Slaf, Caufield, Dach, and Demidov penciled in as our long term top6, leaving an open spot at 2LW. It makes way more sense to play out the season and see if one of Newhook or Roy can fill that spot than to make a trade now. At the end of the year we will have 12M coming off the books for Armia, Dvorak, and salary retained in trades, and we'll have a better picture of our needs going forward. If nobody can take the spot on the second line, it would also probably hurt our record, thus increasing the trade value of our draft pick, The bigger concern, though, would be Dach's health. If he can't stay healthy it would be more important to use those assets to try and bring in another top 6 C than another winger,

Reactions: HabbyGuy and BLONG7

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Agreed.....unless of course, said package returned a player that would be likely to transcend what this picks could become.

I completely expect this outcome. Im trying not to start it. This isn't a thread about should we do this, or should we do that. It is simply a value of thread. A guy can't even have his curiosity scratched without the usual shouting down.
if its long term then sure. but till your young guns are ready, making your self better might be better for the owner and ticket sales but prob not the team. be best to collect another couple top picks. when your ready. condense your assets you dont overly need for upgrades.

as a rebuilder any move I would make would need to fit into a certain age gap and not make a move for the sake of making a move. patience is key and if MTL can hold off on stupid buys they will have a GREAT team soon enough with ALOT of assets to play with. jumping on that now with likely TOR, TB, BOS, FLA and maybe DET, OTT and BUF above you makes little sense to me

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Are the Sharks offering the option to swap their 2025 1st unprotected?

Habs will finish bottom 5 again so wouldn’t consider this til we know where we pick and I know Sharks wouldn’t offer to swap in reality

Reactions: viceroy

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Will say it’s probably hard to determine without knowing where the picks will finish. Goes for both sides.
Exactly it's too early but it's quite possible that both picks are in the top 10 and the 2 players being mentioned here probably are of zero consideration of any team trading for those 2 picks.

I could see Winnipeg being interested with needing to move Rutger McGroarty and maybe a package along with Elhers could be had?

More likely though is a team with little playoff contention or expectations in the near future like Utah or Anaheim offering something?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad