Post-Game Talk: Hab no blues tonight. Canadiens win in Montreal.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
In case this wasn't posted already....

Savard and Bolduc small talk during play...

Why is the troglodyte behind the glass knocking like that?

Does he not realize the habs are playing at home at the team is leading?

Casuals man...

WGBSaVt.png

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Mostly caused by Ds activating and no forward taking their spot. Should get fixed eventually. Well mostly fixed.

Going by what I read this week around this forum: when the players are playing bad it's because the coaching is bad. When players are playing good, coaching is overrated and it's just talent at work.

I saw some stuff that Hughes was looking for a vet NHL goalie. :sarcasm:
No. Hughes is actually looking for a new vet as in veterinarian as his current one retired.

• Haha
Reactions: morhilane

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Just going to say it, that was a hell of a pass from Matheson to Dach for Newhook's PPG. He faked a pass to Caufield, Blues forward bit & it opened a perfect lane to Dach.

Dach's one-touch to Newhook was a beauty, too. It was an all round great play. Specialty teams are actually a success this year, so far.
They builded on them from where they left off last year.

They put in more efforts last night at 5v5 which gave them a win (I don't think they out worked the Blues for it), but they were still too stretched a lot of the time. And I looks like Slaf was the best forward at subbing for a D activiting when that was his job (positionally talking), if not the only one who ever bothered doing it. Please come back soon...

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Did Caufield pick the top corner on that shot? Announcer said he did but I thought it went under arm. Man his f***ing shots are so f***ing fast lol

Seems to me like he went far side high blocker, just a notch below top corner.

That stupid quick shot is back. But he's even worse defensively than ever.

MSL was just protecting him last season with the "He's playing two-ways now"

No he's not.

A5pZ7P2.png

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Seems to me like He went far side high blocker, just a notch below top corner.

No he's not.

A5pZ7P2.png
Caufield’s always going to have some limitations. And I agree he loses the puck too often. But he steals pucks pretty well and is a gamer in his own end. He doesn’t shy away from anything. That being said, he’s limited by his physicality in what he can do. I don’t think he’s terrible defensively but he does give up pucks too often.

thebestnic

Jun 29, 2022
They should definitely keep Dach on the 1st line when Slaf comes back. I actually like the line better, especially on D, when he's there. He's not a center. Newhook is better as a center as well.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Caufield’s always going to have some limitations. And I agree he loses the puck too often. But he steals pucks pretty well and is a gamer in his own end. He doesn’t shy away from anything. That being said, he’s limited by his physicality in what he can do. I don’t think he’s terrible defensively but he does give up pucks too often.

He gets caught flat flooted far too often for a guy who's 5'5. That's not something you like to see out of a vet.

But I know he's better than what he's showing right now.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He gets caught flat flooted far too often for a guy who's 5'5. That's not something you like to see out of a vet.

But I know he's better than what he's showing right now.
The team is out of sorts right now. Even just looking at analytics CC and his linemates typically dominate and this year it’s the opposite. That whole line has terrible numbers.

Fortunately for us, his shot has returned and that has mitigated the bad.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Seems to me like he went far side high blocker, just a notch below top corner.

No he's not.

A5pZ7P2.png
CC has positioning/effort issues when he doesn't have the puck. He's been more frustrating to watch than last year in that aspect of the game.

Reactions: Skip Bayless

Shred

Nov 1, 2005
Just going to say it, that was a hell of a pass from Matheson to Dach for Newhook's PPG. He faked a pass to Caufield, Blues forward bit & it opened a perfect lane to Dach.
Did Matheson always do these fakes on the PP? I had never noticed that from him before and it’s the second time I do this year. I was thinking he is getting inspired by how successful Hutson is with the deception and is incorporating it in his game as well. In any case it is working :)

durojean

May 29, 2007
They should definitely keep Dach on the 1st line when Slaf comes back. I actually like the line better, especially on D, when he's there. He's not a center. Newhook is better as a center as well.
Dach was becoming a dominating center before he got injured. He had sparks was physical controled the p’ay and made everyone around him better. He did that for a stretch of 20 games but during that time he looked like he would become better than Suzuki.

I do feel like his way of playing maibe exposed him more than it should have and it probably led to his injuries. The key is for him to get to that level and sustain it.

I do feel like the way to donut is to give him confidence and then put him back at center. We must not give uo on him after 10 bad games coming of almost a year and a half injuries.

Reactions: Lafleurs Guy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad