Guys.... Kompon has two Stanley Cup rings

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Kompon is the Cup lucky Charm.

I will say this about him.

He does do the video breakdown and advance scout Videos.

The Kings had everyone figured out during the Cup Run.

The Hawks did also......Kompon is responsible for those video sessions.

I think Payne did a poor job of getting the Kings forwards ready for what teams were doing.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
I find it hard to like Zeus he, was good and crappy on the kings. He just looked like he didnt care 50/50 IMO.

That's just Zeus, guy seemed to always have a look of indifference on his face. He'd score a goal and just look "meh" the whole time, just always struck my as a soft-spoken guy.

Agreed. I was pretty happy to see hm hoist the cup. I think he had a pretty big impact on some of our players in his time here.

Think he had a pretty big impact on Kopitar becoming the 2-way player he is, definately had a huge impact on Simmonds... until he went to Philly where everyone has to float like a Bure and play no D.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
From the RHI all the way to two SC rings. An interesting career path.

King RAZZ

Los Cucarachas
Apr 26, 2007
The Roach Motel
razzilla.multiply.com
I find it hard to like Zeus he, was good and crappy on the kings. He just looked like he didnt care 50/50 IMO.
I was one of the few posters here that gave Zeus the benefit of the doubt during his first year here when everyone else was piling on top of him... I knew his knee was bothering him...but he kept improving... He more than made up for that lousy first year...and THIS was what I was expecting...

It's a shame he didn't win the Cup with us...but glad he finally got one...

Quattro

Aug 5, 2005

I can't even begin to state how wrong this post is. Handzus is a class act and a pro's pro. He was vitally important to the development of many of the current Kings players. He is the only reason I was happy to see the Hawks win.

BallPointHammer

Los Angeles Kings - We're Back!
Oct 25, 2006
Maryland
Kompon is the Cup lucky Charm.

I will say this about him.

He does do the video breakdown and advance scout Videos.

The Kings had everyone figured out during the Cup Run.

The Hawks did also......Kompon is responsible for those video sessions.

I think Payne did a poor job of getting the Kings forwards ready for what teams were doing.

Is there anything out there from Lombardi or Sutter stating that Kompon did a poor job?

I'm happy for Handzus too. I thought he was good for the Kings while he was with the team.

KingKopitar11*

I can't even begin to state how wrong this post is. Handzus is a class act and a pro's pro. He was vitally important to the development of many of the current Kings players. He is the only reason I was happy to see the Hawks win.

I don't think I'm wrong because he had his moments of being completely invisible. I don't really like him. I don't know, just his demeanor was always questionable to me. He had is really good moments and then he'd just float just as much.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Is there anything out there from Lombardi or Sutter stating that Kompon did a poor job?

I'm happy for Handzus too. I thought he was good for the Kings while he was with the team.

You mean other than him being fired almost immediately after the Kings cup win? To my knowledge they never said anything about Kompon but when your team wins a championship and you are fired it's usaully because you did a pretty poor job. Kings went from 17th last year in PP to 7th this year without Kompon. Chicago actually 26th to 19th... Still very middle of the road for a team with as much high end talent as they have...

No they never said he did a poor job but I'll let you read between the lines.

FloridaKingsFan

May 17, 2013
Florida
Isn't Kompon in charge of the PK as well. If so, then we must not forget that they had the best if not one of the best PK units. Just like us last year. Strong on PK and weak on PP.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Kompon was not in charge of the PK, that is Stevens job.

Rag on Kompon all you want, and he certainly left a lot to be desired especially on the PP, but his forwards were quite a bit better in the 2012 than Davis Payne's were in 2013. And Payne had no answer to the Kings awful PP woes against Chicago.

SLang

Nov 29, 2005
Huntington Beach, CA
You mean other than him being fired almost immediately after the Kings cup win? To my knowledge they never said anything about Kompon but when your team wins a championship and you are fired it's usaully because you did a pretty poor job. Kings went from 17th last year in PP to 7th this year without Kompon. Chicago actually 26th to 19th... Still very middle of the road for a team with as much high end talent as they have...

No they never said he did a poor job but I'll let you read between the lines.

I don't think he was fired. He just wasn't re-signed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad