Post-Game Talk: Gutsy loss against dirty team Habs lose 3-2

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
And even still he posted a 32 save performance (.914 SV%).

Price is sitting pretty at .899 SV% and Kinkaid sitting at .875 SV%.

what's your point? He has played one game. Keep him up here and he'll be having a miserable time of things. I can cherry pick one game from Price too and give you his shutout...or any number of games where he had that streak that he was above 930...

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I wonder... is this a beginning of a new 8 game losing streak? What is Clod going to try next? Put Petry in net and Price on a wing? Some of the line combos were so ridiculous that I honestly thing that Clod may be actually losing his marbles.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
I'd like Belzile on the fourth line as well. Would make a great story. Little boy from the Bas-St-Laurent chasing his dream, making it in the NHL at age 28, after not being drafted and spending years in the ECHL.

He deserves it.

Bas-Saint-Laurent ftw.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
only thing missing would be calling up Tank Commander, Karl Alzner
I don't think Habs are ever going to call him up. Bergevin is probably pissed off that Alzner didn't just walk on them after they sent him to Laval... it's a purple pride thing. Alzner is buried in the minors until his contract is up. Another record by BErgevin - the most expensive contract in the AHL.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I wonder... is this a beginning of a new 8 game losing streak? What is Clod going to try next? Put Petry in net and Price on a wing? Some of the line combos were so ridiculous that I honestly thing that Clod may be actually losing his marbles.

Well, Price is 6’3 and 215lbs. He’d be our biggest LW power forward and immediately address our much maligned size issue.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Jesus bring up mccarron and let’s get some size and balls in this tank. We have no forecheck , or physical forwards

would have liked to have seen Zadorov cower away from a McCarron invitation to go tonight.

Reactions: Habs

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
It was a tough loss since the team started pushing really hard in the 3rd and deserved at least a point arguably. But we saw the challenge the Habs face which wont change no matter who's behind the bench, we simply dont have the skill to win every night right now. For the Habs to realistically win, the D needs to be sharp and goaltending has to be on point so we can squeeze out wins by scoring 2-3 goals.

This team was already a borderline team when healthy and any progression from last season would have to come from our young players stepping up and players with career years not dropping off too much. Untill Drouin was hurt, things were shaping out like how they should with the tean in a playoff spot and guys like Armia, Suzuki and Drouin contributing which helped compensate for guys like KK and Domi underachieving. Once injuries hit then we should have foreseen such a struggle (although not to the degree that occured).

When your team has Cousins and Weal playing key offensive minutes then you aremt going to win on skill and talent. While injuries no doubt has a factor in their minutes, both players were getting more minutes than they should before Drouin got hurt. That's on the GM in my opinion. Bergevin made no significant additions to the offense and was betting on the team staying unrealistically healthy like last season and placing the bet on a rookie like Suzuki to contribute (which he has). While Julien has his faults, he can only work with what he has and Bergevin has given him a defense that at best is average, an offense that lacks top end talent and one that lacks real depth.

Reactions: Roadhouse

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
I don't think Habs are ever going to call him up. Bergevin is probably pissed off that Alzner didn't just walk on them after they sent him to Laval... it's a purple pride thing. Alzner is buried in the minors until his contract is up. Another record by BErgevin - the most expensive contract in the AHL.
Wade Redden says hi (Ok he's retired but the Rangers kept him in the AHL for years at 6 mil if I remember correctly)

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
SOS RoyMunson!
Wife and I started watching kingpin tonight. It was the better choice. But at least the habs try one and one half as every other team! Too bad they have as much hockey skill as a one handed bowler.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014

Busy week at the office, didn't get the chance to watch...what were the line combos you speak of?

Zam Boni

Dec 14, 2009
I just got a look at the presser. Whoever this Maxime Giroux is, he clearly doesn't understand what he listens to.

He didn't throw Primeau under the bus AT ALL. He said that on the first goal, they didn't help him when they allowed the defenseman to get in close. And on the second goal, it was from a tough angle.

Julien is saying that Primeau would like to have those goals back because on one, he didn't freeze the puck in time and on the other, he got scored on from an angle.

He didn't say anything about Primeau needing to make those saves. Julien was just illustrating that in the first period, he was nervous, but that he got better in the second and third and gave Habs a chance to win by making a lot of good saves. That isn't throwing the kid under the bus.
The problem with the second goal wasn't so much the angle as Landeskog's slightly moving the puck to center before shooting, that forced Primeau to move to his right which led to him opening up and the puck went below his arm. I haven't met a goalie that likes to have the ones going through you back.
All in all, Primeau looked good!
Petry was too soft and shouldn't have let Landeskog walk past him and make the last deke.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Is that the Whitey Bulger series on the History Channel?
Roy Munson
iu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad