Gustav Forsling

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
It was good to see them trusting the Forsling-Rutta pairing to start the PK on that Panik penalty half way through the 3rd. They looked great, Rutta was aggressive with his stick, both had great positioning, didn't give the Coyotes any space to pass.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
It was good to see them trusting the Forsling-Rutta pairing to start the PK on that Panik penalty half way through the 3rd. They looked great, Rutta was aggressive with his stick, both had great positioning, didn't give the Coyotes any space to pass.
that was great and like you i am really liking this pair. i was thinking when i was all for moving Seabs down , that i would like to rutta there.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Pretty sad that Forsling-Rutta is our best D pairing when you have Keith and Seabrook on the team. Though, I think Keith would be better if paired with Murphy. Time to bury Seabs on the 3rd pairing.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Keith is still top-pairing guy and now Forsling and Rutta are playing like top-4 Dman each. Murphy has had two good games in a row, pretty sure he is making himself playing with Keith eventually. Then you do what you have to with the rest of them.

Im pretty excited now if Forsling and Rutta keeps playing like that. Then you have Snuggy, Jokiharju, Carlsson etc coming.

Forsling looks a lot like Hammer out there minus shot blocking.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Pretty sad that Forsling-Rutta is our best D pairing when you have Keith and Seabrook on the team. Though, I think Keith would be better if paired with Murphy. Time to bury Seabs on the 3rd pairing.
i really hate to suggest this, but yesterday i was thinking how would it be with rutta with keith, i know i already mention this, but c mon think about it.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Keith is still top-pairing guy and now Forsling and Rutta are playing like top-4 Dman each. Murphy has had two good games in a row, pretty sure he is making himself playing with Keith eventually. Then you do what you have to with the rest of them.

Im pretty excited now if Forsling and Rutta keeps playing like that. Then you have Snuggy, Jokiharju, Carlsson etc coming.

Forsling looks a lot like Hammer out there minus shot blocking.

Forsling skates better and is way more skilled with the puck than Hjarlmarsson. Turns on a dime to elude checks. Making better quick decisions passing the past few games. Better shot too.

If he can learn to read plays and keep the gap tight like Hammer, well then, could slot as high as 2d.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Seabs was a +3 last night ..but against better teans with a forecheck he is slowness will be a liability again.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Forsling keeps on growing on me. Looked like a better (current form) Version of OEL against the Yotes...

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Forsling keeps on growing on me. Looked like a better (current form) Version of OEL against the Yotes...
that is the main point. he is still continuing to develop, continuing to improve and of course getting better. this what i assume the org saw and the reason on getting him. i love this acquisition. and yeah this is why he keeps growing on the fans.

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014
Forsling does look good. Earlier I had commented that he had a tendency to relinquish the puck too easily to avoid contact. That seems much less to be the case now than before. He is much improved in this area and improving, in general, at a nice pace. As young as he is, the upside for him is very good. He and Rutta are very encouraging to me. I am comfortable with Kempny too --- but Q does not seem so impressed.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Forsling does look good. Earlier I had commented that he had a tendency to relinquish the puck too easily to avoid contact. That seems much less to be the case now than before. He is much improved in this area and improving, in general, at a nice pace. As young as he is, the upside for him is very good. He and Rutta are very encouraging to me. I am comfortable with Kempny too --- but Q does not seem so impressed.

I've pretty much been focusing all my time during the games watching the D. Forsling has continually taken big steps in his play from game to game. D take longer to start functioning correctly in the system, particularly when 80% of your D corps is brand new, both to the team/system, and to each other. All of the D need at least 20-25 games before a fairly accurate assessment can be made on them, but they've been a definite strong point the past couple of games, and Forsling has led the charge.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I've pretty much been focusing all my time during the games watching the D. Forsling has continually taken big steps in his play from game to game. D take longer to start functioning correctly in the system, particularly when 80% of your D corps is brand new, both to the team/system, and to each other. All of the D need at least 20-25 games before a fairly accurate assessment can be made on them, but they've been a definite strong point the past couple of games, and Forsling has led the charge.
again you make a great point. the thing i would like to add, this team has some very promising players and it is going to be extremely hard to find the right mix.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
42 has improved in most areas of his game but his coverage in front of CC is still his weakness and that's a pretty important part of being an NHL dman.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
42 has improved in most areas of his game but his coverage in front of CC is still his weakness and that's a pretty important part of being an NHL dman.
It will come. Give it time. He's a 21 year old rookie D. Defensemen are notorious for taking longer to develop than forwards. Keith wasn't Keith until he was like 24-25.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
It will come. Give it time. He's a 21 year old rookie D. Defensemen are notorious for taking longer to develop than forwards. Keith wasn't Keith until he was like 24-25.

I remember how bad Leddy was in front of the net too.
Opponents would literally just shove him aside and score from 2ft out.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Even with his troubles at tying sticks up in front of Crow, he's still been our best defensemen since he came back from injury. I'd be ecstatic if he plays like that in every game for the rest of his career.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Even with his troubles at tying sticks up in front of Crow, he's still been our best defensemen since he came back from injury. I'd be ecstatic if he plays like that in every game for the rest of his career.
plus he is young and still developing.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Since he has come back he has played the most 5on5 minutes of our Dmen. He could definitely use some strength in front of net and in the corners, but everything else he is so smooth, especially at losing fore checkers. His first pass is good. He can get his shot through most times. Loving it.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Since he has come back he has played the most 5on5 minutes of our Dmen. He could definitely use some strength in front of net and in the corners, but everything else he is so smooth, especially at losing fore checkers. His first pass is good. He can get his shot through most times. Loving it.

He should just be hitting his prime when HJ and the other young D start to come through. Our D for the future look like they could be pretty damn solid.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
He should just be hitting his prime when HJ and the other young D start to come through. Our D for the future look like they could be pretty damn solid.
Ian Mitchell looks pretty solid as well. Our D prospects could be solid. Keep forgetting Snug. Was never high on Krys but I will gladly be wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad