Confirmed with Link: Gunnarson resigns with Blues - 3 yrs 8.7mil

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
Looking at this another way, anything that comes out of the Blues front office right now that isn't clearly bad news is probably good news. I do hope, however, that he doesn't have a restrictive NTC.....just in case an unforeseen opportunity necessitates moving him.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Yeah, I'm having a hard time seeing Shattenkirk in the blue note when next season starts. Pietrangelo/Bouwmeester/Parayko/Gunnarsson is a solid top four, better than most in the league.

I think the writing is on the wall. Let's just hope we can get something back for Shattenkirk that helps our pathetic offense, and this doesn't turn into Oshie trade 2.0

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Wasn't expecting that but I'm okay with it.

Personally, I'd like to see him with Pietrangelo next season. Petro doesn't need a star partner to succeed and I think Gunnar is certainly stable enough to play in that spot.

Then Bouwmeester and Parayko would be a pretty awesome pairing too.

I think Shattenkirk will for sure be dealt, everything just seems to be going that way.

Gunnar - Pietro pair have been tried, looked and it sucked.

Gunnar will be 3mill.$ 3rd pair dmen. I'm shocked they won't give Edmundson to play up or keep Parqyko 3rd pair would bad move. I think somebody needs to go.

I don't like this move, 3 more years look Gunnar play.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Steen (5.8M) Stastny (7M) Tarasenko (7.5M) = 20.3M
Schwartz (6.5M) Backes (6.5M) Fabbri (.9M) = 13.4M
Berglund (3.7M) Lehtera (4.7M) Jaskin (1M) = 9.9M
Ott (1.2M) Brodziak (1.2M) Reaves/Upshall (1.125M) = 4.125M

47.225M on Forwards

Bouwmeester (5.4M) Pietrangelo (6.5M) = 11.9M
Gunnarsson (2.9M) Shattenkirk (4.25M) = 4.85M
Edmundson (1.2M) Parayko (.9M) = 2.1M

21.15M on Defense

Allen (2.35M)
Elliott (2.5M)

4.85M on Goalies

73.225M Total

.275M remaining (assuming cap is 73.5M).

I think this means one of Backes or Shattenkirk will not be back, and that Berglund will now have to be shipped out in order to make room for a UFA 1C.

. . . Unless we trade JBo for picks at the draft or something.

Rather have Helm at 3mil than Backes at 6.5.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
My first thought was bye bye Lindbohm.

My second thought was bye bye Shattenkirk.

Once I got past that, this isn't a bad deal aside from being perhaps a year too long.

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
It's good value and easy to trade if necessary. More importantly, if Shattenkirk and Gunnar both left our top 4 goes from top 5 in the league to 10-15 at best.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Gunnar - Pietro pair have been tried, looked and it sucked.

Gunnar will be 3mill.$ 3rd pair dmen. I'm shocked they won't give Edmundson to play up or keep Parqyko 3rd pair would bad move. I think somebody needs to go.

I don't like this move, 3 more years look Gunnar play. Fffuuu...

Gunnarsson has played pretty well when paired with Parayko. I think Armstrong (and Hitch for next season (Boo!)) are thinking of those 2 as The Blues' 2nd pairing for next season. THAT low-cost pairing (both at 3rd pairing salaries) will provide cap room to pay for the new centre who comes to The Blues in return for Shattenkirk. No way has Armstrong given Gunnarsson a NTC.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Can't complain about the deal. Maybe it's one year too long, but he actually took a pay cut in terms of cap hit and he plays very well with Parayko when they've been paired together. By the time the deal is up, Walman or Dunn could be ready to make the club.

Exactly this! This makes him a more tradeable asset IF Shattenkirk stays, and if Lindbohm is ready to join the big team late in the season, or allows him to be kept to play with Parayko, IF Shattenkirk is traded. This trade doesn't bother me. I doubt that he'll be with The Blues all 3 of those years.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
IF Armstrong gave Gunnarsson a NTC in this (or any) contract, if I were The Blues' owner, - I'd fire him immediately, and telephone for "the men in whit suits" to come pick him up. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

There is a NTC in this deal, just been reported by Lavoie, I would assume or hope anyway that it's limited

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
I've been critical of Gunnarson at times since we acquired him. He has come back this year and played a solid defensive game. Not flashy, but has shown himself to be a solid, veteran defensive player. My opinion is that this isn't a bad contract for a solid, LHD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad