Value of: Guentzel Vs Buchnevich

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
I think that's the real advantage with Guentzel. That you can rest pretty easy on the assumption that he's going to be adaptable and basically bring plug 'n play chemistry with whichever Top Center you want to pair him with. He's that sort of complementary "glue" player. Buchnevich is a bit more of a dominating player individually...which can be a good thing, or it can be a detriment if it doesn't end up being a natural chemistry fit with whoever you want him playing with. There's more "integration risk" with Buchnevich i think. As one of those wingers who plays a bit more like a traditional "center" in terms of controlling the puck and flow of play, where things run through him, compared to Guentzel who is better at doing the spadework but letting the play flow through that #1C.
Play very much runs through Robert Thomas more than it runs through Buch, so he's not locked into being the dominant player on a line.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Play very much runs through Robert Thomas more than it runs through Buch, so he's not locked into being the dominant player on a line.

That's fair. But compared to Guentzel, Buchnevich is still much more of a focal point. It's also not necessarily an indication of easy chemistry with just anyone, to find a particular fit with a playmaker like Thomas. It's one of those things that could work with whoever you plug him in beside...but i think there's a little more uncertainty and guesswork than there is with Guentzel and the way he plays, specifically.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I was going to say this except 1 playoff goal compared to 34.

You could also say 130+ pts and 60+ more goals in only 17 more regular season games. I don't see how this is close.

They were pretty much on par 2 previous seasons, but it's scoring wise. If you take into cosideration other aspects, the answer is obvious.

This season Buch is behind, but the Blues are overall a tire fire this season. And Thomas and Buch are a big factor the team is isn't even worse.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Would like to get outsiders opinion on who is worth more?
Buchy. Because you get 2 playoff runs with him and ability to extend him at any point starting this summer. I’m not saying he is better player, because guentzel is excellent and if they were both pending UFA he would probably have more value, but not enough more to outweigh the extra season of buchy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad