Gudas with a questionable hit vs Boston (Susp. 6 games)

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Video? Details? You're not giving us much to work with for the rest of us.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Why rush to make this thread with ZERO evidence? There's nothing to discuss, except the effort you put in to make a 1 word topic

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Gudas is trying to injured someone every time he step on the ice.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
So you can't turn your back to the guy, and now apparently facing him is not an option either. Let's just blame Czarnik and call it a thread.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
This is why Gudas doesn't get the benefit of the doubt from me. There's a questionable or downright dirty hit from him what seems like every 5 games from him.

It's tough to tell if the hit was late based on the speed of the gifs but there's no reason for that hit to drive up and towards the head rather than through his body.

It'd be nice if the league would take action against this guy for once.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't get this guy. If you want to finish your check then go for it, but why do you need to explode into his head like that? He's a joke of a player.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Pretty late hit here.

The Vesey one, I must admit he did turn his back at the last second, but at this point this guy just has way too many borderline hits to forgive. He's simply a very dirty player, one of the dirtiest in the league.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I think this is the first one of these Gudas threads that does not leave him with any defence. I saw the high angle first and thought "another Gudas hit where the opposition isn't aware and isn't protecting themselves," but the low angle shows intentional and unnecessary targetting of the head.

I think this is the one where he finally does get supplemental discipline. A hit he could've made clean, but clearly decided not to.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
He'll get a couple games, should be given his walking papers. He's a fringe player anyway, just rip the bandage off.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'll give Gudas this much.

His shoulder is probably the same height as Czarniks head, whose a generous 5'9.

But it the lateness of the hit that's the problem. Puck is long gone, and this goes way beyond finishing your check.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Gudas tries to kill somebody. Second time in a week. "Something something vulnerable position." Clean player. Nice guy.

/thread

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I think this is the first one of these Gudas threads that does not leave him with any defence. I saw the high angle first and thought "another Gudas hit where the opposition isn't aware and isn't protecting themselves," but the low angle shows intentional and unnecessary targetting of the head.

I think this is the one where he finally does get supplemental discipline. A hit he could've made clean, but clearly decided not to.

What do you mean finally?

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
He'll get a couple games, should be given his walking papers. He's a fringe player anyway, just rip the bandage off.

Not really very true.

This is a guy with:

52% Career Corsi
+2.2% Career Corsi rel

with above average QoC in that time.

And last season he put up:

54.0% Corsi
+5.1% Corsi rel

with 50% zone starts and above average QoC. While playing 20 minutes a night.

He is a lot of things... including a very reckless hitter who needs to reign it in... but he is a pretty good defenseman overall.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Late an elevates into an already short player. Should miss at least 2 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad