Kings News: Grundstrom Traded to SJ for Kyle Burroughs

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
Not sure why people are saying this would block Clarke or Spence, we had the most success when each pair had a stay at home person to pair with a more offensive defense man. You aren't going to play Spence and Clarke together. The team also needed more grit, so a defenseman that hits a lot is a welcome addition.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Not sure why people are saying this would block Clarke or Spence, we had the most success when each pair had a stay at home person to pair with a more offensive defense man. You aren't going to play Spence and Clarke together. The team also needed more grit, so a defenseman that hits a lot is a welcome addition.
yeah but he like, doesn't play defense.................

Reactions: chris kontos

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Except by all accounts, he's really not good at...defense

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Throw out the -42 on a god awful Sharts team where he was averaging just over 19 minutes a night, probably being over used. I'd think the previous two seasons in Vancouver are more in line with what to expect. He's a 6/7 guy that should play around 60 games. Strictly depth.

Reactions: kingsfan28

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Really have no idea if this guy will sniff NHL ice here in LA, but Blake's comments during the Hiller presser were a departure from the infamous "we were right there" one a week or so earlier.

Since then, he's shipped out PLD and acquired a guy known for hitting and fighting.

He leaned into the "New NHL" to start, built the softest team in the league, says as much in the Hiller press conference and now we have soft-as-baby-shit PLD out and he acquires a physical defenseman. Well, at least his overcorrection into toughness will be more fun to watch. Would rather lose and be tough than lose and be what the Kings have mostly been under Bluc.

Pour the last one out for that Muzzin trade. Holy shit what a failure.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
He can be assigned to the minors and not count anything against the cap. Nothing wrong with some flexibility cap wise, if needed.
Everyone said England was going to be in the AHL and a depth piece also and he ended up bumping Bjornfot and Moverare off the team. Burroughs was playing nearly 20 minutes a night in NHL this is not an AHL addition.

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
I’ll say this. Grundstrom being moved shows a good path for the younger guys to play. I’d be willing to bet some money that Burroughs did not get brought in to play over Clarke or Spence.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Everyone said England was going to be in the AHL and a depth piece also and he ended up bumping Bjornfot and Moverare off the team. Burroughs was playing nearly 20 minutes a night in NHL this is not an AHL addition.

I'm not saying it is. I'm simply noting there is flexibility if the need arises due to potential cap constraints during the season.

I thought the Sharks were an AHL team last year? :laugh:

Edit: 233 hits this past season put him top 5 in the NHL. Nothing wrong with that.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Schmooley

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

Bjornfot played 4 games this year, 3 of which came with two other teams, after having been waived twice.

Granted, that does likely mean he'll be the next Gustav Forsling. You do get your best defensemen on the waiver wire. Proven fact.

Reactions: Schmooley

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Kyle Burroughs? Another RHD?

H5KM.gif

Reactions: tigermask48

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Burroughs is good friends with Brenden Dillon.

Maybe we'll get Dill and have him, Englund, Burroughs, and Moverare battle it out for the #6/7 spot.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Hes like the opposite of Clifford, he actually wins fights. crazy.

the only time clifford ever hurt another player in a fight was their knuckles since Clifford wasn't shy about using his face as a speed bag LMFAO

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Walked over to the local coffee shop at lunch and looked up his hits on YouTube and some of the fights.

Again, don't know if he is on the NHL roster but the kid has the exact mindset this team lacks throughout nearly the entire lineup.

If you look at him compared to Englund, 29 takeaways and 20 giveaways for KB with Englund only having 8 takeaways with 22 giveaways. Burroughs with 19 minutes a game v. Englund's 13, but Englund played all 82 with Burroughs playing 73.

He would have been third on LA last year in blocked shots behind Roy and Doughty with 134. Roy was 7th in the NHL in blocks and way ahead of any other King so they are missing that element moving forward. Englund had 87.

I don't think he blocks Clarke. Battle between him and Englund. Spence might be part of a deal though which would remove two RHD with Roy gone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad