Grub's Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Training Camp Begins

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
I’ve made this point to @mriswith in the past.

Obviously the chances of us going deep are reduced by Demko being injured, but pretty clearly he’s not a condition precedent to that occurring. Frankly, Silovs wasn’t even that great in the playoffs last year and we almost went to the western conference finals.

The window is now for the Canucks, and other than trade for a goalie or something, I don’t think they should put too much weight into Demko’s current health in October.

Also that happened with Pettersson doing almost nothing for most of the playoffs.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
I'm not saying burn the year in mid October. You can believe the window is now and also want to wait on making major trades until there's more clarity with Demko, especially if eyeing rentals.

Also I don't think the team had a chance last season without Demko. The team was completely depleted by the end of Oilers series and this may be an unpopular opinion but it's largely because of how they had to change their game to protect Silovs who still wasn't good. They did not have two more series in them having to play like that while still getting .898 goaltending.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
I'm not saying burn the year in mid October. You can believe the window is now and also want to wait on making major trades until there's more clarity with Demko, especially if eyeing rentals.

Also I don't think the team had a chance last season without Demko. The team was completely depleted by the end of Oilers series and this may be an unpopular opinion but it's largely because of how they had to change their game to protect Silovs who still wasn't good. They did not have two more series in them having to play like that while still getting .898 goaltending.
The change from a deceiving .898 to a good .918 is less than a goal a game. Having a hurt Hughes and a useless Petey and Mik was the real problem

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad