Grub's Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Training Camp Begins

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Hello Canuck fans, Blues fan coming in peace. I had a quick question about your goaltending. With Demko being ruled out for the start of the season is Silovs the starter? Also how long is Demko expected to be out? My fantasy team thanks you!

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Hello Canuck fans, Blues fan coming in peace. I had a quick question about your goaltending. With Demko being ruled out for the start of the season is Silovs the starter? Also how long is Demko expected to be out? My fantasy team thanks you!

Sounds like Silovs will get game 01 but Lankinen will get a lot of starts too. First month is expected to be a tandem and if requires longer than that then whoever has been better will get more starts.

No one knows with Demko. He’s skating and taking shots but not participating in practice. No precedent for how long his recovery will be. I’d hazard a guess we won’t see him until late November/early December at the soonest.

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
I expect we will again win the

Which pundits are you talking about?

Everyone has the Canucks firmly in a playoff spot. Even Dom and his wacky model who hates the Canucks have them likely to finish 2nd in the division. Unless that's the fall off you're talking about?
What I'm seeing on podcasts is people saying the Canucks are a good team, probably 2nd in the division and pretty certainly a playoff team, likely to finish with about 100 pts. That would be a regression from 1st in the division and 109 pts.

If an optimistic soul had told any of us two years ago that predicting 100 pts and 2nd in the Pacific would be predicting that the team would be taking a step back, what % of us would have been laughing?

Last edited:

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
I created and deleted a list several times since it’s a little too early. I’ve been stumping for Vlad Gavrikov if the Kings falter. Weegar and Anderson are obvious candidates.
i vote for vlad gavirkov. 1yr left on his deal after this season. makes 5.8 and has an ntc. what would the kings want in return? forwards i assume

Reactions: andora

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
i vote for vlad gavirkov. 1yr left on his deal after this season. makes 5.8 and has an ntc. what would the kings want in return? forwards i assume
I prefer Povorov, I think the biggest weakness last year was when the preds and oilers sent 2 forecheckers against our D, none of our guys could move the puck out. He should only really cost like a 1st, maybe less?

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
i wouldnt have the balls to pull off a trade that saw Willander or Lekkerimaki move out unless it was for like a 24 or 25 year old top4d top6W, signed on till he's 30 at a below market rate .and that is very unlikely.
good thing im not GM ^.^

ahhhh idea... they're gona pump up Ratys stats and use him at the deadline instead of Willlander/Lekk

Reactions: Peen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad