Grub's Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | The Boys of Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohnoeszz

May 5, 2010
"There is no combination of circumstances where Theodore ends up in Vancouver imo."
What’s this based off of?

Theodore is a high end offensive LHD. He had 42 pts in 47 games this year - maybe had a shot at 70pts if healthy.

We have Quinn Hughes. Their skillsets and areas of usage overlap greatly.

There will be a lot of teams that can utilize Theodore on PP1, 1LD, PK. They will value him that way - trade and re-sign him that way.

The Canucks can use him as PP2, 2LD, PK. They would need to move Garland to resign him and he doesn't really specialize in playing the way we use our D behind Hughes.

It would be very surprising to see the Canucks outbid the league on him.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
theodore is going to get like 9-10m in free agency if salaries keep going the way they are going. canucks just can't fit that in without moving off of someone like miller or hronek. even letting boeser walk probably doesn't free up enough cap space

Reactions: TruGr1t

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
There's always a chance Theodore says, I want to go home and I'm signing league minimum.

It's low, like the chance of us visiting another planet in our life time. But it's out there.

Wandering Cynic

Dec 2, 2011
Parts Unknown
Would rather have Hague over Theodore, based on how much they will cost as well as the cost of re-signing the player

Hughes-Desharnais
Hague-Hronek
Soucy-Myers
Forbort/Juulsen

That's a solid D core.

Reactions: andora

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
why are we hypothesizing a trade with vegas

Roster wishing on Theodore. He would be a rental here, in all likelihood. Could be of interest at the deadline if Vegas struggles, but there will be extreme competition for him, and I'd wager most of the teams looking to grab him will be looking to sign him. As mentioned above, I'm not sure how you accommodate both him and Hronek over any sort of term.

Phrasing

Nov 16, 2007
I don’t think Canucks have enough assets to do another Lindholm-type rental trade.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Roster wishing on Theodore. He would be a rental here, in all likelihood. Could be of interest at the deadline if Vegas struggles, but there will be extreme competition for him, and I'd wager most of the teams looking to grab him will be looking to sign him. As mentioned above, I'm not sure how you accommodate both him and Hronek over any sort of term.
Don't foresee LV missing the PO. So, they will be making a hockey trade to improve their roster. Be it a straight trade or a 3 way deal if all the Canucks can offer up is prospects/draft picks.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
"There is no combination of circumstances where Theodore ends up in Vancouver imo."

Theodore is a high end offensive LHD.
He had 42 pts in 47 games this year - maybe had a shot at 70pts if healthy.

We have Quinn Hughes. Their skillsets and areas of usage overlap greatly.

There will be a lot of teams that can utilize Theodore on PP1, 1LD, PK. They will value him that way - trade and re-sign him that way.

The Canucks can use him as PP2, 2LD, PK. They would need to move Garland to resign him and he doesn't really specialize in playing the way we use our D behind Hughes.

It would be very surprising to see the Canucks outbid the league on him.

Not to invalidate your whole post but doesn't Theodore almost exclusively play RD since 2019?

I mean he could play the LD but he's a better RD and that would be great for us.

I do agree though that we'd be outbid in a nano-second unless we offered up like Willander, and a 2025 first, ++. We'd have to be absolutely killing it and Allvin deciding to go 100% all in. Secondly, it's Vegas, they're probably going to rebound and win the division again.

Personally I don't think we should be wasting all of our assets and going all in every year only to blow it all up in 3 years ... but who knows ... I will trust management to make that call.

Last edited:

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Let's change gears from one warm weather pacific division foe to another. If the Kings are so bad that they start selling off pieces, I wouldn't be surprised if the Canucks become heavily linked to Gavrikov. There was reported heavy interest in him from the Canucks if he reached UFA, is a Milstein-man (although that relationship is not as strong as it once was), has a full NMC, is UFA at the end of the year, is 29 in November, has found his game again playing on the 2nd pair, has all the size, skating, and two-way ability they are looking for, and is a left-side guy.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Let's change gears from one warm weather pacific division foe to another. If the Kings are so bad that they start selling off pieces, I wouldn't be surprised if the Canucks become heavily linked to Gavrikov. There was reported heavy interest in him from the Canucks if he reached UFA, is a Milstein-man (although that relationship is not as strong as it once was), has a full NMC, is UFA at the end of the year, is 29 in November, has found his game again playing on the 2nd pair, has all the size, skating, and two-way ability they are looking for, and is a left-side guy.
I’d be all over Gavrikov. I honestly thought he was coming here based on all our Russians and Milstein. Can he move the puck?

Reactions: andora and Vector

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Don't foresee LV missing the PO. So, they will be making a hockey trade to improve their roster. Be it a straight trade or a 3 way deal if all the Canucks can offer up is prospects/draft picks.

Maybe, but he’ll basically be one of the premier rentals on the market if they opt to move him. I’m not sure I see a fit in terms of assets since the Canucks will in all likelihood not be able to retain him.

LandfiII

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021

Attachments

• horvat-agata.jpg
    horvat-agata.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 2

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Theodore has kinda turned into what necas is

Does a lot of stuff without doing a lot of stuff but it is shiny

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
The player we need is Andersson from Calgary. They are clearly rebuilding and they have had interest in Hoglander in the past. It would be worth the investment IMO. Let us hope that POD shows well and starts the season hot to free up some tradeable assets.

Reactions: David71

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
The player we need is Andersson from Calgary. They are clearly rebuilding and they have had interest in Hoglander in the past. It would be worth the investment IMO. Let us hope that POD shows well and starts the season hot to free up some tradeable assets.

Andersson is a PREMIUM asset. They will rightfully want Willander in return.

LandfiII

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
There are users with zero posts that registered in 2012 and 2019 currently viewing this thread. OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium