Grub's Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | The Boys of Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
That's 8.5MM of the 13MM worth of cap they'll get back from the final back breaking Suter/Parise buyouts allocated towards Faber. Obviously a much better value for your cap space, but brings into question what they were thinking signing Marcus Foligno 4MM x 4, Trenin 3.5MM x 3 , and Middelton 4.35MM when they were just about to get out of cap hell and have an insane amount of flexibility to improve.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Interesting, Faber had a similar season to Hronek where he came out of the gate like gangbusters and tailed off after Christmas. Probably at least something to do with the minutes played. He's obviously substantially younger, but fair comparable.
He played with 2 fractured ribs in the final months of the season.

Brock's are built tough.

Reactions: andora

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
That's 8.5MM of the 13MM worth of cap they'll get back from the final back breaking Suter/Parise buyouts allocated towards Faber. Obviously a much better value for your cap space, but brings into question what they were thinking signing Marcus Foligno 4MM x 4, Trenin 3.5MM x 3 , and Middelton 4.35MM when they were just about to get out of cap hell and have an insane amount of flexibility to improve.
1722279436576.png

I don’t think there’s much “thinking” going on here.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I followed Faber very closely because I picked him up as a free agent in my pool and he helped me win first place. He was sensational in the first half of the season. That is my professional analysis.

Reactions: Horvat1C

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
It's extremely common for NCAA guys, and a lot of rookies really, to lag behind in the second-half of the season.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Most predictable scenario. A bridge to UFA.

Carolina is probably meh to the player but their ask via trade was probably outrageous and stupid.

He wasn't worth 7x7MM to the Canes, so he probably isn't worth 7x7MM (+ traded assets) to another team.

ES production has been solid for years, just didn't feast on the PP this year like he did last year when he put up 70.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
He wasn't worth 7x7MM to the Canes, so he probably isn't worth 7x7MM (+ traded assets) to another team.

ES production has been solid for years, just didn't feast on the PP this year like he did last year when he put up 70.
surprised that he agreed on a 2 year deal, could've just took whatever he get in arb and walk.

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022

I don't know about that. last three years (5v5) scoring/60 is well below Garland (just an example) and he's barely a plus player in that period. 145th among forwards (min 100games)....whereas Garland was 44th.

They probably should have moved on from this player at/before the draft IMO....but they likely had an absurd ask. Maybe cost certainty for any acquiring team will make him more marketable.

surprised that he agreed on a 2 year deal, could've just took whatever he get in arb and walk.
he was under team control for 2 years

Reactions: arttk

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Necas is 25 with a Jan birthday. Has 5 nhl seasons this a 2 year term takes him to free agency at the earliest possible year.

Reactions: arttk

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
I am honestly loving the roster heading into the 24/25 NHL season. The depth on this year's Canucks is deep. Good size, skill and grit throughout the entire lineup.

Hoping the Canucks can add another top 4 defenseman who can create breakouts by himself, and occasionally chip in on the score sheet. A Rasmus Andersson would be amazing on this roster. The Canucks need another skilled defenseman just incase one of the top 2 Hughes/Hronek fall to injury.

During the playoff run the Canucks were losing a lot of important faceoffs in the dying minutes. Now that Lindholm is gone, the Canucks are even weaker on the dot. Hoping that Allvin can find a 4th line centerman who excels at faceoffs to ease some of the pressure that will be put on Miller in the playoffs.

Overall I am very happy with what Allvin accomplished in the off-season. The Canucks have a deep roster that will be insanely hard to play against. What a amazing job Allvin and Co have done. I think this roster could go far "Western Conference finals", just need a couple of pieces.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
i'm not as fond of the Faber deal as everyone else.
it's like, yes, he's had 1 great rookie season. he's only 21. getting paid like a no. 2 Dman for the next 8 years.
If he keeps putting up 50 point seasons and improves then yeah, GREAT deal bang for buck...but that's if things go right. you're getting bang for buck as you're taking some risk. The risk is that he regresses.
The NHL is littered with young 1 hit wonder's who regress. not saying Brock will regress but that's the risk they're taking to get the potential payoff if he keeps getting better

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
i'm not as fond of the Faber deal as everyone else.
it's like, yes, he's had 1 great rookie season. he's only 21. getting paid like a no. 2 Dman for the next 8 years.
If he keeps putting up 50 point seasons and improves then yeah, GREAT deal bang for buck...but that's if things go right. you're getting bang for buck as you're taking some risk. The risk is that he regresses.
The NHL is littered with young 1 hit wonder's who regress. not saying Brock will regress but that's the risk they're taking to get the potential payoff if he keeps getting better
Power and Sanderson signed after 1 season as well. Meanwhile still waiting on seider who played out his entire 3 year elc ala miro so they have a lot more games to base your projection on.

Think you are better off waiting. I mean have power or Sanderson done something this past year which would justify an even larger contract?

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Rumors of Drai re-signing?

I have a feeling he will get 12.5 mil x 8 years.
I knew he'd re-sign. Some people in here thought he'd leave either because he wanted out or because of cap reasons(LOL). Not after that run. Canucks could've potentially made him leave

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I'm sure I need to readjust my ideas of contracts with the rising cap and changing landscape... but that seems high for Faber. But you're buying potential I guess.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Vancouver
I am honestly loving the roster heading into the 24/25 NHL season. The depth on this year's Canucks is deep. Good size, skill and grit throughout the entire lineup.

Hoping the Canucks can add another top 4 defenseman who can create breakouts by himself, and occasionally chip in on the score sheet. A Rasmus Andersson would be amazing on this roster. The Canucks need another skilled defenseman just incase one of the top 2 Hughes/Hronek fall to injury.

During the playoff run the Canucks were losing a lot of important faceoffs in the dying minutes. Now that Lindholm is gone, the Canucks are even weaker on the dot. Hoping that Allvin can find a 4th line centerman who excels at faceoffs to ease some of the pressure that will be put on Miller in the playoffs.

Overall I am very happy with what Allvin accomplished in the off-season. The Canucks have a deep roster that will be insanely hard to play against. What a amazing job Allvin and Co have done. I think this roster could go far "Western Conference finals", just need a couple of pieces.

I posted this in the other thread but Im hoping Vegas is out of it by the TDL and we acquire Theodore as a rental (or resign him since he's a local boy)

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

Hurricanes let a lot of players go. It's hard to draw conclusions and they need to sign Jarvis as well.

As for other teams, Necas might not have been willing to sign an extension with a team that Carolina wants to trade him to. 7X$7M is reasonable but I like him more than many here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad