Grub's Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | The Boys of Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Laine cap is at 8.7, so for any deal he would have to get retained 50% to just start it off.

So that is 4.35, still too much for us, so let's say we trade Hoglander in the deal which saves about 1.1m, still not there.

So we need to add a "Dump" in the deal as well, and we have literally nobody to dump.

It's basically impossible for us

You know what you could do; trade Hoglander, Podkolzin, and Poolman for Laine @ 50%. Actually end up with slightly more cap space than now.

I wouldn’t do that but you could!

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
You know what you could do; trade Hoglander, Podkolzin, and Poolman for Laine @ 50%. Actually end up with slightly more cap space than now.

I would do that, Hoglander gonna get a pretty big contract if he drops another 20 goals, but Laine if he can stay healthy is absolutely Elite, Him petey and debrusk would be lunacy

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013

Wat. Canucks do that in two seconds, Columbus doesn't.

Laine cap is at 8.7, so for any deal he would have to get retained 50% to just start it off.

So that is 4.35, still too much for us, so let's say we trade Hoglander in the deal which saves about 1.1m, still not there.

So we need to add a "Dump" in the deal as well, and we have literally nobody to dump.

It's basically impossible for us
Basically, on top of which 50% retention is not going to be cheap..

Reactions: TruKnyte

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
To be clear, I think the Canucks need to add and then the deal becomes unrealistic.
Maybe a good draft pick (1st or 2nd - most likely the 1st) Could see that happening. I mean we’re dumping Poolman and they’re retaining 50%.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Maybe a good draft pick (1st or 2nd) Could see that happening. I mean we’re dumping Poolman and they’re retaining 50%.

Another part of the issue is that locks you in to a 22/23 roster, cap accumulation that only gets you about 1.1m in space by the deadline, and no room
for injuries without LTIR. Would leave no real room for a mid-season defensive upgrade. Granted, that’s not much different than what we project right now.

Reactions: Tact

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Maybe a good draft pick (1st or 2nd - most likely the 1st) Could see that happening. I mean we’re dumping Poolman and they’re retaining 50%.
I'd easily add multiple picks to get it done, and more to get another jackets player we could use (many options).

Laine playing somewhere he'll definitely like, healthy, in a beautiful, open minded city, with massive deterrent defensemen and jtm/joshua like players to back him up, plus supportive coaches, sedins, systems....

On a line with ep and big Jake dog for two years , would be absolute scf fav lunacy, like the other bigger Jake dog said previously.

Reactions: Tact

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
Another part of the issue is that locks you in to a 22/23 roster, cap accumulation that only gets you about 1.1m in space by the deadline, and no room
for injuries without LTIR. Would leave no real room for a mid-season defensive upgrade. Granted, that’s not much different than what we project right now.
Nothing else makes sense - which means we would be out.

Only other scenario I could see is a Garland package (4.95) - but after watching the down the stretch and playoffs, I wouldn’t want to trade him. Especially for all that risk.

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
I'd easily add multiple picks to get it done, and more to get another jackets player we could use (many options).

Laine playing somewhere he'll definitely like, healthy, in a beautiful, open minded city, with massive deterrent defensemen and jtm/joshua like players to back him up, plus supportive coaches, sedins, systems....

On a line with ep and big Jake dog for two years , would be absolute scf fav lunacy, like the other bigger Jake dog said previously.
Jiricek
Mateychuk
Fantilli
Lindstrom
Brindley
Marchenko
Voronkov
Chinakov
Johnson
Sillinger

It’s actually insane. only players I could maybe see them move would be Johnson and or Sillinger. Inquiring about the others likely gets your number blocked.

Reactions: Chiripa20

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

Jiricek
Mateychuk
Fantilli
Lindstrom
Brindley
Marchenko
Voronkov
Chinakov
Johnson
Sillinger

It’s actually insane. only players I could maybe see them move would be Johnson and or Sillinger. Inquiring about the others likely gets your number blocked.

They’re going to f*** all those players up. Every single one of them.

Last edited:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Before they went out and acquired DeBrusk, Heinen, Sherwood and now Sprong, I suppose they might have been interested in Laine.

But he comes with a huge risk. He's a long way away from being the scoring machine he was with the Jets. And you'd be banking heavily that he's been able to conquer all of his off-ice demons and become the player he once was. And that's not a given.

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Stupid phone autocorrected that.
They’re going to f*** all those players up. Every single one of them.
Johnson definitely regressed a bit but put up good numbers in the AHL. The handling of Jiricek was awful though. Dumb shit like calling him up to fly over to Edmonton, sit him, and then send him back down to Cleveland and then literally calling him back up just to sit again.

Good chance a lot of them pan out though. Fantilli is just crazy good. And Mateychuk is something else.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
I think Columbus should do far better this year just based on having a more stable organization and a lot of talent in the system. I can only think of one other instance where a coach left a team during/close to training camp (Roy 2016) and that led to Colorado having a horrific year (before having a massive improvement the next year).

I allow myself to do exactly one sports bet every year and I think I may pick Columbus to make the playoffs just because the payout is insane.

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
I think Columbus should do far better this year just based on having a more stable organization and a lot of talent in the system. I can only think of one other instance where a coach left a team during/close to training camp (Roy 2016) and that led to Colorado having a horrific year (before having a massive improvement the next year).

I allow myself to do exactly one sports bet every year and I think I may pick Columbus to make the playoffs just because the payout is insane.
Just to add to this post, completely forgot Gaudreau still exists.

Reactions: Josepho

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Crumbus has developed three players that aren’t massive disappointments: Nash, Werenski, and Jenner. Even then, I’m of the opinion that Nash actually had a disappointing career and Jenner hasn’t been able to stay healthy and is a 2nd line centre.

I don’t believe any of their young players breakthrough until they do. That franchise doesn’t deserve any benefit of the doubt.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
What makes you think they're more stable
Having a GM and (non-sociopath) coach who have both seen a decent amount of success with their previous organizations and are clearly not on the hot seat.

For the record I don't think it's "likely" Columbus gets in, but on most sites their odds of making the playoffs are similar to teams like SJ and Anaheim and I don't think that's quite right.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013

This is also my sleeper bet, but they're in a tough division, ultimately I think think they miss the wildcard, too many better teams in the east. I'll still throw a few bucks just in case things break right though.
Also have a few picks to miss the playoffs, led by Carolina and .... the leafs.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria

I was literally the opposite way. Leaning CBJ for last place markets.

Veteran core is bad. Elvis as their starter is awful. Need to see massive growth from virtually all their young players. Toughest division too.

They do have a very favourable B2B and travel schedule. Probably won't end up at the very bottom, but I see no way they're in the playoff hunt.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
This is also my sleeper bet, but they're in a tough division, ultimately I think think they miss the wildcard, too many better teams in the east. I'll still throw a few bucks just in case things break right though.
Also have a few picks to miss the playoffs, led by Carolina and .... the leafs.
I think the Metro is the worst division in hockey other than the Rangers nobody has a shot at winning the cup. I think 4 of the top 5 teams in the east are in the Atlantic.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
Crumbus has developed three players that aren’t massive disappointments: Nash, Werenski, and Jenner. Even then, I’m of the opinion that Nash actually had a disappointing career and Jenner hasn’t been able to stay healthy and is a 2nd line centre.

I don’t believe any of their young players breakthrough until they do. That franchise doesn’t deserve any benefit of the doubt.

It's a bad record, but not *that* bad. You're forgetting Voracek, Wennberg, Johansen, Marc Methot, David Savard, Cam Atkinson ...

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad