Grub's Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Hockey Starts Now

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Those Tocchet quotes are ... something, given the reactions here in recent months when anyone here had the audacity to suggest he needed to check in and move his feet.
Im right behind ya.....I do like Pettersson though but i can certainly see why guys don't

you could tell by Tocchets reaction when he heard of EP40 using his knee as an excuse at the presser he wasn't impressed.

Smart enough to turn it into a positive though.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Vancouver has a tendency to slightly underrate its defencemen and overrate its goaltending.

Defencemen leaving Vancouver have faired better on their new teams while the opposite was true for Goalies. OEL better in Florida, Gudbranson better in Pittsburgh, Frosling better in Florida, Schenn better on Preds, Cole better in Utah, Stecher better in Detroit, Hutton better in LA, but Luongo was worse on the Panthers (old), Schneider worse on the Devils, Lack worse on the Devils, Markstrom worse on the Flames.

Tinhorn1

Aug 7, 2007
I mean, given the context of Pettersson's play, this isn't a non-story.

However, I think it's f***ing fantastic. If Pettersson is actually getting in there and mixing it up with teammates and having emotions, brilliant. That's what needs to happen. Last year a teammate probably could have taken a shit on top of his head and he would have just kept staring off into space.
I guess. I mean, you don't know, and neither do I, but it's possible. Some players perform better while riled up (Todd Bertuzzi), while others perform better while keeping things emotionally neutral (the Sedins, and actually... Miller). I think your last line isn't accurate. I mean, even aside from the shit part. He's just Swedish, man. He doesn't show much. But I think last year was actually his most physically engaged... to his detriment. "Moving his feet," yeah, okay. I mean, yes, players should skate.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Vancouver has a tendency to slightly underrate its defencemen and overrate its goaltending.

Defencemen leaving Vancouver have faired better on their new teams while the opposite was true for Goalies. OEL better in Florida, Gudbranson better in Pittsburgh, Frosling better in Florida, Schenn better on Preds, Cole better in Utah, Stecher better in Detroit, Hutton better in LA, but Luongo was worse on the Panthers (old), Schneider worse on the Devils Lack worse on the Devils, Markstrom worse on the Flames.
The bolded are all very debatable.

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
Im right behind ya.....I do like Pettersson though but i can certainly see why guys don't

you could tell by Tocchets reaction when he heard of EP40 using his knee as an excuse at the presser he wasn't impressed.

Smart enough to turn it into a positive though.

Unpopular opinion but I actually didn't like Tocc's reaction there. Shades of Vigneault on Hodgson. Only EP really knows how much that injury would have affected him. Tocc seemed rather dismissive but of course maybe I am misreading his reaction as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad