Grub's Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Hockey Starts Now

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
imo they should move willander sooner rather than later

he's a decent prospect but BU are going with gavin mccarthy (also a sophmore) next to cole hutson (a freshman) on their top pairing. willander is playing with boumedienne (a freshman and possible first round pick in 2025) on the second pair. hutson gets the majority of power play time and boumedienne and willander have both been tried on the second unit. he's not really getting the opportunity to be a star at the ncaa level and his development has been frankly disappointing. he still has all the same weaknesses he had when he started at BU

combine that with the fact he's kind of undersized for his style of play and i think he's way more valuable to vancouver as a trade chip than as a potential lineup insertion. if they can use him as the centerpiece for another hronek trade they should absolutely do it
Is it troll Wednesday or something?

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
I’d read this more as “well if I’m not going to get an NHL deal, it’ll take a pretty appealing situation for me to want to keep going as a 2-time cup winner in my mid thirties.”

Swiss league is, from what I understand, a pretty sweet gig for a guy like Schultz. Only 50whatever GP, limited travel, it’s in f***ing Switzerland, and I believe the pay for high profile imports is quite solid.

Beats the pants off of grinding it out in the AHL or dealing with the weirdness of the KHL for a guy in Schultz’ position who is probably mostly continuing because he’s looking to avoid regrets when he rides into the sunset.
Yea I just found it to be an interesting way of spinning things. He was searching for a 1-way contract over a “unique opportunity”.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Yea I just found it to be an interesting way of spinning things. He was searching for a 1-way contract over a “unique opportunity”.
I think once we’re into the season, that ship has sailed and guys move into their “unique opportunity” era.

Although, if you’re in your mid30s and your +/- in recent years has been so far into deficit territory that your hockeydb page is easily confused with the BCCP’s costed platform, maybe a 1-way NHL deal would have been considered a “unique opportunity,” too.

Last edited:
Reactions: bossram

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad