Grub's Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Hockey Starts Now

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
I see a bit of a pattern here and I hope management adjusts their negotiating strategy. It's one thing to figure out your bottom line and stick with it. It's another to be stubborn and low ball and the proceeding to meet the player's original demands "too late." Castonguay being a former agent should know the market. 3X$3m for Myers, 2X$2M for Descharnais but 1x$1.5M for Cole is a joke. It's like offering something similar to RNH to Horvat.
When their tactics actually start costing us high impact players or Star players then maybe we can worry about it.

Was our offer to horvat actually out of touch?

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
I’m completely fine with the Nucks moving on from Z.

He needs to be constantly motivated and even then, he’s a Top 4 at best.

I think mgmt is planning to acquire a legit Top 4 dman by the TDL at the latest.
Exactly. I think they have long term plans to find a better top 4 D and will be pulling the trigger close to the deadline.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
like many aging veterans, cole would have won a starter's job, looked great early, then faded as the season went on, but at the same time have been hard to sit down because very professional and respected veteran. eventually you have to sit him and throw in cold the guy you should have been preparing all season.

leafs found this out with giardano last season.

and before we get cocky about passing on cole, anyone celebrating myers' play right now should keep this lesson in mind given he was our high minute dman yesterday

Reactions: Lindgren

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad