Euro: Group F Final Round

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
What did he do? I just watched the first 20 minutes and he was great, also showed balls to give the red to the Czech player.

I also take him one on one against any Czech player if it comes to that, guy's ripped haha
only watched the last 3 minutes, but I'd assume based off stats that giving out 15 yellow cards and 2 reds (one after the match)

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
What did he do? I just watched the first 20 minutes and he was great, also showed balls to give the red to the Czech player.

I also take him one on one against any Czech player if it comes to that, guy's ripped haha
Barak's first yellow was outrageous, but frankly for a match with this gravity that was a soft second yellow to send a guy off. He's reach for the ball and goes over a guy's foot. Hardly reckless or malicious. And it directly led to the climate that led to him starting to hand out yellows for everything.

Reactions: czechcanadian

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I do feel bad for Czech football. Soucek is a good player who would walk into most squads in Europe, but he's essentially a utility player. Schick is if we're honest just a solid BuLi striker at this point, who's not going to be a difference maker on the big stage. And that seems to be the best talent they have. And of course neither one is 'young', both have maybe one more WC and Euro campaign at or near peak left. There doesn't appear to be any young starlet on the rise either, no Yildiz or Arda in the wings waiting.

They haven't been at a World Cup going on 20 years. At some point you go from 'rebuilding the squad' to 'oh yeah they used to be a good team, believe it or not' territory.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
I do feel bad for Czech football. Soucek is a good player who would walk into most squads in Europe, but he's essentially a utility player. Schick is if we're honest just a solid BuLi striker at this point, who's not going to be a difference maker on the big stage. And that seems to be the best talent they have. And of course neither one is 'young', both have maybe one more WC and Euro campaign at or near peak left. There doesn't appear to be any young starlet on the rise either, no Yildiz or Arda in the wings waiting.

They haven't been at a World Cup going on 20 years. At some point you go from 'rebuilding the squad' to 'oh yeah they used to be a good team, believe it or not' territory.
Sorta yeah. They did have a really good tournament last time around making the quarters. They certainly weren’t and aren’t anything close to the team from the early 2000’s though. I don’t think we’ll ever see that again, but every country goes through their highs and lows. Belgium was amazing in the 80’s and really dropped off for 20 years or so. Then boom golden generation.

I do however think Czechs will always be in the mix. At least for euros. This year was tough with a brand new manager and some injuries. Luck didn’t really go their way either.

Reactions: maclean

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

We were one of the youngest squads this year. There is a bit of hope, but clearly there's a long way to go as well.

All you have to do is look at who's playing in top leagues - you've got the two at West Ham, who are solid squad players, then the two at Leverkusen, neither of whom is a nailed starter. Until we have more players playing where it matters, we're not going to be making any waves.

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
Martinez = OUT

Horrible 3 at the back set up, no urgency, and deplorable media comments post match saying the game wasn’t critical ti be won and he was playing people who shouldn’t usually start. Great way to destroy dressing room.

The Belgians were right, we’re not going to have a squad like this for a lonnnggggg time and we’ve ruined any chance of winning this decade.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Martinez = OUT

Horrible 3 at the back set up, no urgency, and deplorable media comments post match saying the game wasn’t critical ti be won and he was playing people who shouldn’t usually start. Great way to destroy dressing room.

The Belgians were right, we’re not going to have a squad like this for a lonnnggggg time and we’ve ruined any chance of winning this decade.
He is such a lame duck manager. They would be much better off with someone like Sérgio Conceição, and I don't even like him. It's perplexing how the FPF settled on Martinez to succeed Santos. Such an uninspired hire.

Not to take anything away from Georgia, but António Silva single-handedly gifted them the game. Doesn't absolve Portugal's anemic performance though. Humiliating result regardless if they already topped the group.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad