GDT: Group F • May 6 • Canada 4, United States 3 (SO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Which goaltender has been told by his GM and coach, that he is the #1 goaltender, at this moment.

Maybe Hitch thought since Reimer is that person, maybe a #1 should
get the starts.

vezna*

reimer's save % so far is 0.918

that's pretty impressive considering how the skaters don't play defense

mcphllp

Dion @ 6.5=Discount
Dec 27, 2008
I feel bad for Dubnyk, because before he accepted his invite it was reported that he already had a family vacation planned during this time and would only accept the invite if he was going to get a chance to play this year. He obviously didn't like going last year without playing in any games. Makes me wonder if Nonis lied to him and told him he was going to get some starts to get him to come this year.

poor baby, has to go all the way to europe to represent canada at the world championships. i feel bad for him too!

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Just finished my recording...

- Will someone from USA Hockey please, oh please break up the Komisarek/Stuart pairing?
- I knew we'd struggle to create scoring chances against Canada so when a guy like Wheeler fans on a breakaway shot and Stepan fans on a clear chance in front of the net in the 1st Period the task doesn't get any easier. We could have stolen some momentum.
- First goal for each team was ugly.
- Lots of sloppy play by both teams...over skating pucks, fumbling good scoring chances, flubbing easy and uncontested passes, etc.
- McDonagh did not have a good game but he was good towards the end. We need him to be better.
- Neither did Wheeler. I don't know how many times he screwed up scoring chances. As one of our go-to guys we need him to be better.
- We need 20 Jack Johnson's, not 1.
- Shattenkirk makes some of the weirdest decisions to pinch. It's one thing to try and create offense but they mostly seem to be of the head scratching variety where he was constantly pinching up for no reason in neutral ice.
- Conklin was great. First goal was a soft one but it was a bad break more than anything. I actually think Canada did him a favor in the 1st period though. They really controlled the play but while they shot a lot, most of them were uncontested and from far out. I think it really helped Ty settle in and get into a groove, especially when he had only played 15 minutes of exhibition hockey in a month.

...Glad to get the point though.

bionic

Sep 5, 2009
markham
What are you talking about? We only gave up 20 shots. Reimer didn't make any big saves. The team won in spite of his game today.

Nash, Neil and Duchene really need to start producing as well. Those guys have done very little this tournament. If Hitchcock made decisions based on merit instead of blindly supporting vets over kids, they would have been bumped down to the 4th line minutes and the JT, Skinner, Stewart line would be getting 1st line ones.

Really? so stopping every skater he faced in the shootout was not that big a deal in winning the game?....OK:shakehead

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
JT getting such little ice time, considering how productive he has been two years in the making.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
he's 20 yrs old. it's not about him.

It should be. He has more points than our new top line of Nash -- Spezza -- Neal combined.

Think about that. Nash is a two-time Olympian, former Richard winner, former WC MVP, two-time 40 goal scorer. Spezza is a NHL career PPG, two-times reached 90 pts, 4 times 30 goal scorer.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
It should be. He has more points than our new top line of Nash -- Spezza -- Neal combined.

Think about that. Nash is a two-time Olympian, former Richard winner, former WC MVP, two-time 40 goal scorer. Spezza is a NHL career PPG, two-times reached 90 pts, 4 times 30 goal scorer.

he needs more ice time for sure Though Spezza and Nash should have been together from the get go like most Sens fans were screaming for as it is only logical to have your two vet players who also have solid size to play off of one another. Let see how that line does tomorrow and hopefully Tavares gets more ice and we get more guys stepping up.

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006
Really? so stopping every skater he faced in the shootout was not that big a deal in winning the game?....OK:shakehead

What? All two of them?? I like Reimer too but this is ridiculous. It's okay to say he didn't have a good game, it happens. Gretzky and Mario had some bad nights. It doesn't make him a bad goalie and it doesn't mean you hate him.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
The Leaf haters are really out of control. Its as if you are rooting against Canada so that you can say how bad Reimer is. And shame on the Leaf fans agreeing with this nonsense. Its funny how save percentage is thrown around when its convenient. He has a crazy percentage in the first three games but they are bad teams. He has a low number of shots but let's in a goal on a breakaway and a PP with a US player shooting alone 5 feet in front of him and this is a bad game? He wins this game as well in the shootout stopping all he faced, but Conklin is the player of the game for losing? Some of you are a joke

Indeed considering Reimer has been great in all the other games and wasn't even bad this game only on the first goal. Also Phaneuf has been the best defensemen in this tournament, well him and pietroangelo. People have the problem of looking at the stats more than the games themselves.

Also how was Bernier today? Saved all the easy shots sure, made one big save and then let in one off of poor defensive coverage by nash and then got rattled and let in a softy and after that looked rattled for the rest of the game.

He had a better save percentage than Reimer sure but he didn't have to play that well. There were not any huge scoring opportunities for Norway at all. And he got rattled a bit at the end where Reimer never gets rattled even if he lets in a bad goal. I'd go with Reimer for sure. He has been good, made the big and timely saves, and is very calm in the net.

DethOfDragnz

Sep 22, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Does anyone know a place you can download this game? These games always happen while I am at work and I am unable to watch them. I found a copy of the Canada Switzerland game on the net. Great game however I have not found the Canada USA game anywhere. If you know a place to download this pls private msg me thanks.

ronnyweed

Aug 7, 2008
Ontario
Does anyone know a place you can download this game? These games always happen while I am at work and I am unable to watch them. I found a copy of the Canada Switzerland game on the net. Great game however I have not found the Canada USA game anywhere. If you know a place to download this pls private msg me thanks.

TSN.ca, open the video player then click on video library. 5th one down on the left hand side is 2011 IIHF WC and has all of Canada's games in their entirety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad