Votes: 1 12.5%
  • France

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Once again, in Austria's case I'm surprised that some of these people are still playing. It's like how in South America players don't stop playing for the NT until they're nearly 40 and it seems like more and more European countries are taking that approach. Like Arnautovic. Really? Obviously I don't think they'll do very well.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Once again, in Austria's case I'm surprised that some of these people are still playing. It's like how in South America players don't stop playing for the NT until they're nearly 40 and it seems like more and more European countries are taking that approach. Like Arnautovic. Really? Obviously I don't think they'll do very well.
Europeans have no heart. Just mercenaries

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Arnautovic is 35. I mean yeah that's pretty old, but it's not 40. And there's eleven players 25 and under on their squad, so it's not like they just have an ancient team across the board.

They're also 12-3-1 in their last 16 internationals since autumn 2022 with wins over Serbia, Turkey, Slovakia, Germany, Sweden and Italy. I mean I don't expect them to go deep in the tournament, but they've been among the best smaller nations in Europe since Rangnick arrived.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

I waffle on them. Austria have been playing with a really good identity this cycle and on paper have a lot of nice things going for them.

But I worry about them running out of steam, especially if they lose a heartbreaker to France to start things off, and too many people like them to surprise.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I waffle on them. Austria have been playing with a really good identity this cycle and on paper have a lot of nice things going for them.

But I worry about them running out of steam, especially if they lose a heartbreaker to France to start things off, and too many people like them to surprise.
They ended up in probably the toughest group. It's unfortunate for them because you put them in any other group except B and they'd be in a good position to advance. But in this group it's difficult - win against Poland a must basically and ideally a point out of the Dutch/French games.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Kante is probably the only player who went to Saudi who I've missed watching play. Happy that he's in the starting 11.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,770.00