Votes: 3 23.1%
  • England

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
A bit strong there from Darke "England brilliant in transition there". I mean you're getting gifted the ball in midfield, all your players have a step or two on all your opponents. And it ends in a shot/cross going nowhere...

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
That's just a natural consequence of the 24 team Euro format. Most groups are one good team, one minnow, two middling teams.
England was fortunate to have a rather easy path to the 2020 Euro finals. The path after the R16 looks more difficult this time around.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Serbia playing with a pretty damn high line and trying to carry play against a team that if it has any strength it's the availability of fast, skilled offensive players. Seems like they're asking to lose this by a few more.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
My clubs player isn’t starting syndrome
Uh, no.

I think TAA is the obvious one, he could have been replaced by Wharton, Gallagher, Palmer, or Mainoo depending on what they wanted, which would also change how Rice could be deployed.

Guehi and Stones is debatable with Konsa or Dunk really.

The front 4 is good, there's Palmer, Watkins, or Eze you could make a case for but the front 4 has no issues.

Fullbacks they didn't really bring much in the way of options...

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
A noble sacrifice from the Serbs to simply spend 90 minutes kicking Bellingham so we can all enjoy the rest of the tournament with England missing their best player.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Uh, no.

I think TAA is the obvious one, he could have been replaced by Wharton, Gallagher, Palmer, or Mainoo depending on what they wanted, which would also change how Rice could be deployed.

Guehi and Stones is debatable with Konsa or Dunk really.

The front 4 is good, there's Palmer, Watkins, or Eze you could make a case for but the front 4 has no issues.

Fullbacks they didn't really bring much in the way of options...
You want Palmer in the double pivot? Nonsense TAA should start any of those options. No one on the team can pass like him. I’ve also spent years trashing his defence but the kid can play.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
A bit strong there from Darke "England brilliant in transition there". I mean you're getting gifted the ball in midfield, all your players have a step or two on all your opponents. And it ends in a shot/cross going nowhere...
Alan Shearer would be outraged that someone could be commentating so negatively.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Trent starting made sense after the Iceland game where he was clearly the only England player capable of penetrating a low block from deep.

Serbia, as it happens, haven’t played a low block, so he looks out of place.

Reactions: maclean and luiginb

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
You want Palmer in the double pivot? Nonsense TAA should start any of those options. No one on the team can pass like him. I’ve also spent years trashing his defence but the kid can play.
Trent starting made sense after the Iceland game where he was clearly the only England player capable of penetrating a low block from deep.

Serbia, as it happens, haven’t played a low block, so he looks out of place.
I think the biggest issue with TAA in this role though is that it neuters Rice a lot. Wharton or Gallagher especially would free him up a lot more and take a lot of pressure off him that he's currently facing.

Reactions: luiginb

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I think the biggest issue with TAA in this role though is that it neuters Rice a lot. Wharton or Gallagher especially would free him up a lot more and take a lot of pressure off him that he's currently facing.
This is also why I prefer Gallagher in that spot, as it lets Rice play more like he does for Arsenal, but I get why Trent is starting.

Should be an equalizer there.

Reactions: Blender

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I’d rather have TAA be the DLP than Rice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad