Euro: Group A: Scotland vs. Switzerland

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Result?

• Scotland

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Switzerland

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Especially against a Hungarian team that likes to muck it up as well

Both teams absolutely need to win or they're guaranteed out. Neither can play the wait and counterattack game . If both try we might be in for a 0:0

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Beating Hungary is the difficult part. Scotland just doesn't strike me as positive or creative enough to play for a win in a constructive way. Like, can they win? Sure. But I wouldn't bet on it.
For sure. The style of play will make it hard for them.

The good thing is Hungary still has something to play for and will need a win to keep themselves in contention. Scotland will get some counter opportunities.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
I think this draw for Scotland was a bigger letdown than ze German game. This is a quality Swiss team that they were neck and neck with but the win was there for the taking.

I think Hungary grinds the game to another draw.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Am I the only one that felt the back 3 should have dropped off, or at least the central player of the three, to allow for a better and safer passing lane on the Shaqiri goal? It's a hinge or a stagger..I feel Ralston expected that and instead looks like the fool when support from his teammates was lacking.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Both teams absolutely need to win or they're guaranteed out. Neither can play the wait and counterattack game . If both try we might be in for a 0:0

Both teams also can't blow it in the opening stages of the game. With Hungary being so much better at sitting back and absorbing pressure, I won't be surprised if they let Scottland march forward & trust their defense to deal with any scottish crosses before trying to hit them on the counter.

If that doesn't give them a lead then in the second half they'll have to open up.

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
I am definitely rooting for the Scots to make it to the next round and hopefully play in Munich again. It was just too much fun with the guys when they were in town. What a party.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad