Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Switzerland

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I just tuned into this game on FuboTV, and er, guys, a basic graphic overlay that shows the score and the game clock at all times doesn't seem like it's a lot to ask for. I seem to recall that being pretty standard in the industry like 30 years ago. I shouldn't have to have Livescore open while watching the game...

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
It's a good thing I already had Fubo anyway, because if I had subscribed specifically to watch these Euro matches, only to see that Fubo literally put *zero* effort into broadcasting them I'd be pissed off.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
For all the (deserved) criticism our national broadcasting company gets, having both the Euros and World Cup free of charge (well, outside of taxes of course) on TV is pretty neat.
And Yle's presentation is miles above the commercial/pay channels.

3-1 Swiss. What a gift by the defense.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Hungary look like they aren't good enough for the Euro (the defense ahead of the 3-1 was farcical), but they basically specialize in giving Germany a hard time, so I still expect a tough game on Wednesday.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Well depending on one's income, they can be free. Low enough, it is.

Just curious now on the technicalities of it, here in the Czech Republic every household technically pays a concession fee for the national TV/radio broadcasters (which you can or at least used to be able to opt out of if you didn't have ANY tv/radio at home and wanted to be a dick about it). The amount is quite small and obviously does not cover all the costs. Does Finland have this as well or is it purely through the general budget?

Reactions: Jussi

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Just curious now on the technicalities of it, here in the Czech Republic every household technically pays a concession fee for the national TV/radio broadcasters (which you can or at least used to be able to opt out of if you didn't have ANY tv/radio at home and wanted to be a dick about it). The amount is quite small and obviously does not cover all the costs. Does Finland have this as well or is it purely through the general budget?
There's a "Yle tax", the amount one pays depends on one's income. For the unemployed, it's minimal or nothing and goes up depending on the income.

Reactions: luiginb

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
For all the (deserved) criticism our national broadcasting company gets, having both the Euros and World Cup free of charge (well, outside of taxes of course) on TV is pretty neat.
The European Union Audiovisual Media Services Directive stipulates that major events such as these are to be publicly available.

Reactions: luiginb

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
The European Union Audiovisual Media Services Directive stipulates that major events such as these are to be publicly available.
I know it's on Finnish law that certain big sports events must be on TV. Didn't know about EU directive on it.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Some countries have been slow to amend their national laws accordingly, but all members are in principle obliged to. At least with a VPN it's possible to watch almost every game in this tournament using the preferred national broadcaster of an involved team. Trying to watch Copa América like that is quite a bit more complicated even if Chilevision etc. will have some matches.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad