Pre-Game Talk: Greed is Good - Lets win both in Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
Tell me this is it more profitable for an oversaturated market with practically zero room for growth to win, or a team from the sun belt with a massive TV market? Again I never said it’s rigged but it is absolutely influenced at times.
So, all the Canadian refs are in on it then? They're complicit with favoring "sun belt" teams because that's what you're saying?

The refs are not in on some conspiracy, they're just incompetent.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
So, all the Canadian refs are in on it then? They're complicit with favoring "sun belt" teams because that's what you're saying?

The refs are not in on some conspiracy, they're just incompetent.
I’d really like the league to consider another official like on the bench or somewhere with a good vantage. They can look for things without having to also keep up with the game.

Might not work. But the system today just feels inadequate with the speed that game is played at

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
I had some ropey blinz for supper. Tough as hell.

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
You do realize most of the refs in the NHL, & 7 of the remaining 8 working the conference finals, are Canadians, right?
Quite the conspiracy to get all the Canadian refs to be complicit in something like this.
There are other ways. Refs watch video. The league can influence refs without the refs being corrupt.

The problem is the obvious conflict of interest between the NHL and Canadian teams in the playoffs. When you pair that, with what looks a trend of biased officiating, it's hard not to question what role the NHL has.

Reactions: greatwhitenorth

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
Which limb should we target? Anyone know what his injury was?
I’ve read upper body injury and I’ve also read lower body injury….

Sportsnet:

IMG_4972.jpeg

ESPN:

IMG_4973.jpeg

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
What's the diffy between 98% and 100%? Nothing. Swap out Brown for Henrique and slide ryan back down to the 4th. We have plenty of PKers, including Adam.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Tell me this is it more profitable for an oversaturated market with practically zero room for growth to win, or a team from the sun belt with a massive TV market? Again I never said it’s rigged but it is absolutely influenced at times.
Yeah it comes down to knowing which side your bread is buttered on, not necessarily rigged as you say. They aren't stupid, and they know what gets them the high paying playoff gigs even if it's technically unspoken. It's kind of short sighted to believe that they would just have to buy into being complicit.

Reactions: greatwhitenorth
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad