Pre-Game Talk: Greed is Good - Lets win both in Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
As @EchoesoftheEighties said, we wanted a split in Dallas but now that we have won 1 lets be greedy and win both.

Screenshot 2024-05-24 at 10.40.57 AM.png

That'll change Dallas lines for sure, they will have more speed, something which they seemed to lack yesterday.

Does Henrique come in for Game 2 and if so who comes out, Carrick, Ryan, Brown, or Foegele? Only Carrick does not play on the PK but his physical presence is sorely needed. The defensive and PK games of the other three are very good right now. Foegele is fast and has been playing physical and getting more chances and can play both wings. Ryan was a killer on the dot last night. So I think by default it is Brown and move Ryan down to line 4, Foegele to RW and Henrique to LW on line 3.

Skinner, well I have been beating REDEMPSKIN to death and will continue to do so, especially now that it's out he's using a different goalie coach.

McDavid and Draisaitl still have another gear. Kane is due. RNH is playing the best hockey of his life. Bouchard is gonna cost us $10M a season with his play. Ekholm is a warrior Viking. The PK is amazing.

I also want to compliment Dallas on their sense of fair play and never committing an offence on the ice. The entire team should be awarded the Lady Bang trophy for playing with such sportsmanship and adherence to the rules as written and interpreted on a daily basis by BETtman. I don't think we even get another power play unless Dallas somehow roofs the puck over the glass or some other egregious offence that the refs who I am sure have wagers on BET365 cannot shirk and pretend not to see.

Bobieque

Low n' Slow (Me & the Food)
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2006
High River
As @EchoesoftheEighties said, we wanted a split in Dallas but now that we have won 1 lets be greedy and win both.

View attachment 875252

That'll change Dallas lines for sure, they will have more speed, something which they seemed to lack yesterday.

Does Henrique come in for Game 2 and if so who comes out, Carrick, Ryan, Brown, or Foegele? Only Carrick does not play on the PK but his physical presence is sorely needed. The defensive and PK games of the other three are very good right now. Foegele is fast and has been playing physical and getting more chances and can play both wings. Ryan was a killer on the dot last night. So I think by default it is Brown and move Ryan down to line 4, Foegele to RW and Henrique to LW on line 3.

Skinner, well I have been beating REDEMPSKIN to death and will continue to do so, especially now that it's out he's using a different goalie coach.

McDavid and Draisaitl still have another gear. Kane is due. RNH is playing the best hockey of his life. Bouchard is gonna cost us $10M a season with his play. Ekholm is a warrior Viking. The PK is amazing.

I also want to compliment Dallas on their sense of fair play and never committing an offence on the ice. The entire team should be awarded the Lady Bang trophy for playing with such sportsmanship and adherence to the rules as written and interpreted on a daily basis by BETtman. I don't think we even get another power play unless Dallas somehow roofs the puck over the glass or some other egregious offence that the refs who I am sure have wagers on BET365 cannot shirk and pretend not to see.

Very much agree, think Henrique could give you the same defensively (as Brown) but could make that line more dangerous offensively. Also think Dallas comes out more physical in game 2, would like to keep in Carrick.

I'm really interested how Dallas comes out in the first 10 minutes. Desperation? Or trying to "feel" their way into it. If it's the latter, we're going home with 2 in the bag.

Stealth1616

Oct 12, 2019
What have people heard about McDavids injury ? I have heard some rumblings but curious what other people have heard

Reactions: Macheteops

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton

View attachment 875252

Was watching the game with a buddy and he said that the Oilers were due for PP going into the 3rd. I laughed and told him it would need to be something outrageous to be called. Puck over glass, goalie playing puck in trapezoid or 5 min major. He just looked at me and said yeah you’re right we aren’t getting a call tonight. :lol:

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
I don't think it matters. If we are screwed in reffing, our team has shown it can weather it
Yeah I think they know the deck is stacked against them this series and from here on out but they are still going to overcome the team and refs that stand in their way. There is something different about this team. They are playing exactly how they did during the streak since game 6. If they get screwed somehow I fully expect Connor or Leon to take the fine and call it out this time.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Yeah I think they know the deck is stacked against them this series and from here on out but they are still going to overcome the team and refs that stand in their way. There is something different about this team. They are playing exactly how they did during the streak since game 6. If they get screwed somehow I fully expect Connor or Leon to take the fine and call it out this time.
I've seen games where sometimes the other team is screwed. It seems like we are more often in that spot but that could be our bias. Even last game, I do think we were ripped off a bit but it could have had a luck element to it. I just do not believe that the league tries to engineer outcomes in any way. If I did then I don't think I could watch it

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan

View attachment 875252

Wow looks like Michael Douglas there

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
I've seen games where sometimes the other team is screwed. It seems like we are more often in that spot but that could be our bias. Even last game, I do think we were ripped off a bit but it could have had a luck element to it. I just do not believe that the league tries to engineer outcomes in any way. If I did then I don't think I could watch it

I don’t for a second think it’s rigged like say WWE where it is scripted. But I do believe there is influence to have Canadian teams (all of them) not win a Stanley cup. Way too much bias officiating when a Canadian and American team meet in the playoffs to ignore. Again not just the Oilers all Canadian teams. I remember last year or the year before where they showed a graphic of the comparison between Canadian based teams and everyone else and it was practically 3:1. You can’t fully rig a game but you can definitely influence it with that kind of mismatch.

Reactions: greatwhitenorth

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
I don’t for a second think it’s rigged like say WWE where it is scripted. But I do believe there is influence to have Canadian teams (all of them) not win a Stanley cup. Way too much bias officiating when a Canadian and American team meet in the playoffs to ignore. Again not just the Oilers all Canadian teams. I remember last year or the year before where they showed a graphic of the comparison between Canadian based teams and everyone else and it was practically 3:1. You can’t fully rig a game but you can definitely influence it with that kind of mismatch.
You do realize most of the refs in the NHL, & 7 of the remaining 8 working the conference finals, are Canadians, right?
Quite the conspiracy to get all the Canadian refs to be complicit in something like this.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
You do realize most of the refs in the NHL, & 7 of the remaining 8 working the conference finals, are Canadians, right?
Quite the conspiracy to get all the Canadian refs to be complicit in something like this.
Tell me this is it more profitable for an oversaturated market with practically zero room for growth to win, or a team from the sun belt with a massive TV market? Again I never said it’s rigged but it is absolutely influenced at times.

Reactions: BlackDogg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad