Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins, 2024 - 2025 Season

wingsfannn919191

Oct 3, 2024
It's all relative. While a guy like Debrincat may not seem great off the puck, he's a helluva lot better than he was when he was 19. It's simply development. Lombardi is going through it the same as any other player. Daily, the coaches are working with him to get better in all facets of the game. Including off puck.

I'm just saying that for small guys, it's more difficult to get to a point where you're good enough at the small things to survive in the NHL. Because, again, if you can't reach a minimum threshold for the small things, it doesn't matter if you have the potential for 50 points, you aren't going to make it in the NHL. Pro hockey outside the NHL is littered with players with enough talent to play in the NHL, they just didn't do all the little things right. It's part of what goes into that phrase you always hear about young players "learning how to be a pro." It's part of what goes into the reality that the jump to the NHL is the most difficult of any jump from league to league in hockey. The margins for error are razor thin.

Again, I'm good with playing these kids more in GR, and I'm not looking for them to have their offense stifled. On the contrary, I'd like to see them all round out their games well enough to give themselves the opportunity to let that offense shine in the show.
It's all good that debrincat was ahead of lombardi at 19 but if hes not a good 2 way guy and doesn't back check etc... doesn't matter if lombardi one day gets to the same position as debrincat and is capable of putting up offensive numbers

Anyways he just turned 21 a few months ago and is off to a hot start feed him more minutes and let him work on his overall game on the go. Loved soderblom as a prospect but I'm more excited with lombardi right now if he can put up huge numbers as a 21 year old in the ahl

Soderblom has 0 pts as a soon to be 24 year old I think? I'd be giving danielson a ton of ice time and well to get his offensive game going. Guys with more upside .... anyways we'll see what happens but we both agree we want the young kids to have a bigger role

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
If you listen to him talk, he seems like a really smart guy. (At least I got this impression from every interview I have heard him in so far) I am pretty sure he understands all of this and will continue to improve on it.
Yeah, I have no reason to doubt that Lombardi is fully aware of what he needs to work on and is working on it. Seems like a good kid.

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
It's all good that debrincat was ahead of lombardi at 19 but if hes not a good 2 way guy and doesn't back check etc... doesn't matter if lombardi one day gets to the same position as debrincat and is capable of putting up offensive numbers

Anyways he just turned 21 a few months ago and is off to a hot start feed him more minutes and let him work on his overall game on the go. Loved soderblom as a prospect but I'm more excited with lombardi right now if he can put up huge numbers as a 21 year old in the ahl

Soderblom has 0 pts as a soon to be 24 year old I think? I'd be giving danielson a ton of ice time and well to get his offensive game going. Guys with more upside .... anyways we'll see what happens but we both agree we want the young kids to have a bigger role
Not sure why I was thinking Lombardi is 19 lol. I just meant to say that Debrincat is better at the little things today than he was at the same age Lombardi is now. And the same should be true of Lombardi if he makes it.

Gotta believe Soderblom is not long for NA. He's an RFA after this season and will not surprise me if he heads back to Sweden, though I'd guess he gets maybe another year. Still, the door's closing pretty quick.

The most exciting thing with prospects for me is when mid-level guys take a big development leap and become high-level prospects. Hopefully we're seeing a breakout that is sustainable with Lombardi.

Reactions: lilidk

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
eh, almost there.
star-wars-red-leader.gif

What are we talking about?

Reactions: JediOrderPizza

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Not sure why I was thinking Lombardi is 19 lol. I just meant to say that Debrincat is better at the little things today than he was at the same age Lombardi is now. And the same should be true of Lombardi if he makes it.

Gotta believe Soderblom is not long for NA. He's an RFA after this season and will not surprise me if he heads back to Sweden, though I'd guess he gets maybe another year. Still, the door's closing pretty quick.

The most exciting thing with prospects for me is when mid-level guys take a big development leap and become high-level prospects. Hopefully we're seeing a breakout that is sustainable with Lombardi.
I don't believe Elmer could compete now with Veleno, Motte and and Fischer for spot in NHL, hope he stays extra in GR

wingsfannn919191

Oct 3, 2024

Probably in denial on soderblom but I think he'd produce better with better players in the nhl. I think we need to see him like 5-6 games this year on the top 9 before we write him off but if he doesn't produce by years end and show he can be a player he'll probably be included in some package deal somewhere

If this team will ever win again and we'll need guys in the 2nd rounds and later to finally show up again .

Wallinder,buium,augustine,buchelnikov, Lombardi, kiiskinen, plante etc... some of these guys have to show up

Also wouldnt hurt to try and land some 19-23 yr old kids who might be had and havent worked out elsewhere. (Broberg seems to be paying off)

I don't believe Elmer could compete now with Veleno, Motte and and Fischer for spot in NHL, hope he stays extra in GR
Be pointless to have soderblom on the 4th hes not a grinder. We get injuries on the top 9 I'd call him for a few games

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad