Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins, 2024 - 2025 Season

wingsfannn919191

Oct 3, 2024
Emmit Finnie doing well. 17 points in 10 games. Have to keep in mind that he only turned 19 this summer. Not bad for a 7th rounder.
He might be another homerun pick . Lead his god awful team last season in pts by a substantial margin and is better this year

God knows we need some of these later round guys to finally start hitting

Reactions: RRhoads

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
Well done Amo. Congrats to Gylander. What’s up with this LV team scoring 5 goals against us. Kinda screw-in with our GAA

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
He absolutely could be a center, and even if hes not, you can still develop him there, see what happens and move him to the wing later
Is he playing top or second line center? If yes it's good , but if he is third line player, not good at all, it's means he doesn't have skilled players around him

Reactions: RedHawkDown

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
How's Lombardi's game look outside of the offensive highlights? How is he on the boards? Defending in his own end?

Lombardi's problem last season was that he was physically outmatched in nearly every encounter. Dominated in some cases. This is what lends to the idea that he won't be a center at the NHL level. If he is getting stronger and improving that part of his game, maybe there's a chance, but he definitely looks like a winger at the highest level to me.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
How's Lombardi's game look outside of the offensive highlights? How is he on the boards? Defending in his own end?

Lombardi's problem last season was that he was physically outmatched in nearly every encounter. Dominated in some cases. This is what lends to the idea that he won't be a center at the NHL level. If he is getting stronger and improving that part of his game, maybe there's a chance, but he definitely looks like a winger at the highest level to me.

The thing I noticed in preseason was with being small he needs to be smarter where he puts himself in relation to the boards and opposing players. Lots of puck skill which looks great, but his size is why I am not that excited about him right now. He makes me think of AA a bit only smaller.

wingsfannn919191

Oct 3, 2024
The thing I noticed in preseason was with being small he needs to be smarter where he puts himself in relation to the boards and opposing players. Lots of puck skill which looks great, but his size is why I am not that excited about him right now. He makes me think of AA a bit only smaller.
He's an inch shorter than brayden point and the weight is about the same unless I'm looking at the wrong sites. He's still young so im far from writing him off like so called "expert" Brad from the winged wheel podcast who has him as a 3rd liner and kiiskinen 4th lmao

At this point if I'm yzerman im calling g.r and asking them to give him top 6 minutes and significantly increase his ice time this season

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
He's an inch shorter than brayden point and the weight is about the same unless I'm looking at the wrong sites. He's still young so im far from writing him off like so called "expert" Brad from the winged wheel podcast who has him as a 3rd liner and kiiskinen 4th lmao

At this point if I'm yzerman im calling g.r and asking them to give him top 6 minutes and significantly increase his ice time this season

Brayden Point can handle NHL hockey, no idea if Lombardi can. Also, Point is really good, and I have never heard anyone put that kind of hope on Lombardi.

Why, are you just stat watching? How do you know what his non offence part of the game looks like?

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Fast, good hands, could fight, not smart. Is that how you see Lombardi?

wingsfannn919191

Oct 3, 2024
Brayden Point can handle NHL hockey, no idea if Lombardi can. Also, Point is really good, and I have never heard anyone put that kind of hope on Lombardi.

Why, are you just stat watching? How do you know what his non offence part of the game looks like?
I'm not saying lombardi is as good as point I'm just saying just because hes the same size doesn't mean he cant be in impactful player. Hes recently turned 21 so I'm not writing him off cause hes 5'11

I just checked the size on hockeydb ...I seen some of the g.r games and its clear hes one of the better players and has skill. Why does every forward have to be a selke player ?

Why would it be a bad thing for him to get top 6 minutes in g.r

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
I'm not saying lombardi is as good as point I'm just saying just because hes the same size doesn't mean he cant be in impactful player. Hes recently turned 21 so I'm not writing him off cause hes 5'11

I just checked the size on hockeydb ...I seen some of the g.r games and its clear hes one of the better players and has skill. Why does every forward have to be a selke player ?

Why would it be a bad thing for him to get top 6 minutes in g.r
It's not about being a Selke player. It's that there is literally a minimum threshold in the NHL for play off the puck (with the exception given to a handful of very elite offensive players). It will be critical for Lombardi to meet this threshold in order to be an NHLer, otherwise his offense will be irrelevant and he will remain an AHL player, like so many others who didn't reach that minimum threshold.

I'm all for him getting top-6 minutes in the A, but I'm more concerned about his off-puck play, given his size. Guys his size can make it, but it's more difficult, and certain aspects of their games will be justifiably more scrutinized.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad