GDT: Grand Ole Motley. Oilers v Predators - 6PM SNW

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
Ya Perry has been ok overall. Problem with guys like Ryan & Perry is they likely run out of gas over a long regular season and Oilers need someone like Philp/Savoie/Jarventie to hopefully be able to fill in for them.
Philp has definitely earned a look on this team.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Perry on the ice again for an Oiler goal. He's been consistent in creating net front chaos and revving high motor. Lots of concerns expressed about him on the roster. But he's been ready to go and engaged from game 1 puck drop.

Hyman is really struggling with his start. Looks slow.

Hyman started slow last season too but he's a guy that I'm worried about the wheels falling off any year now.

Reactions: Macheteops

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
1 hit by Podz and 1 hit by Stecher that period.

Total of 2 hits to the 13 hits by Nashville. Team really needs more bite to their lineup... fights help so more hitting would help as well to turn momentum at key times.

Team is starving for a Kostin type in the lineup.

Reactions: Messrules11

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Lol, so cares about Bouchard when 22 million of your cap is doing diddly squat. I know they'll get it together, but this is the weirdest I've ever seen them
I just think Bouch getting on track with the wobbles out of his early game is going to drive production from the point and open up ice for their forward group. Short off-season and big life moments for this team's elites and clearly the details in their games are lacking. Good opportunities for the rest of this team to step up and chip in.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Bouchard is going. Hes firing everything. They will start going eventually.
Lots of bobbles in his game and in holding the line. Hitting shin pads versus his usual high accuracy in getting his shot through on net or in feeding linemates. Early days, my comment is moreso how important he is to drive the PP and production.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
Hyman started slow last season too but he's a guy that I'm worried about the wheels falling off any year now.
I dunno he seems like the type to have a long career. And with McD bouncing pucks off him I can't see his production dropping off a whole lot.

unicornBLOOD

Mar 18, 2022
What happened to breaking down the game and highlights from around the league in between periods, it’s seriously just an infomercial for the 50/50. People are well aware of the 50/50, that’s why the sales are so high, don’t need this every game. Very annoying.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
@Mrstardigrade81 confirm or deny

Dang bro can afford a bachelor in Langley now. Nice
lol!!! She would confirm.

Powerful enough to create this thing though. She’s content. The boy is somewhere. Not sure what he’s doing

1729213358738.jpeg

unicornBLOOD

Mar 18, 2022
What scares me is that Hyman is still in the crease at all times in the offensive zone. He needs to move out a bit, or no goals are ever going to count when he’s on the ice. I know that’s his game, but the first couple weeks of the season have shown that is not gonna work this, at least to start. The last thing this team needs is more disallowed goals, they are backbreaking .

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
What scares me is that Hyman is still in the crease at all times in the offensive zone. He needs to move out a bit, or no goals are ever going to count when he’s on the ice. I know that’s his game, but the first couple weeks of the season have shown that is not gonna work this, at least to start. The last thing this team needs is more disallowed goals, they are backbreaking .
You’re not wrong, Nuge should give him some pointers.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
He's never been a burner. But he just looks slow in all areas of the rink. Maybe a bit magnified with McDavid also not showing his ludicrous speed to draw defenders. Connor defensively has also been poor with his critical coverage responsibilities.

Unfortunately Hyman is not a guy that can be a step behind when outside of PP and o-zone net front role. So much erratic play and breakdowns in all facets to start this season. I'll wait 10-12 games to see how that topline gets it together or not.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I think the tricky part is if you aren’t cutting through the crease you’re never gonna get under the d man. It’s tonight to be a net front guy right now

Reactions: McTedi

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
Nothing wrong with earning your living in the paint. He is always going to have disallowed goals, still scored 50 last year doing just that.

kevy9999

Mar 10, 2023
And give me one reason his wheels would fall off lol lol he has been great every year and consistent. I am more worried how our top 2 players are not walking like they talk about getting a good start this year. All talk no action. This game is important because we play in Dallas next. Leaders step up. 2 periods to see if they give a shit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad