GDT: Grand Ole Motley. Oilers v Predators - 6PM SNW

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I didn’t mind it after awhile. Just kind of treated it as a fantasy show and not lotr.

The loving orcs that have families and who don’t want to go to war has to be the dumbest shit out there though.
Isn't it odder that people have characterized and sociological expectations of mythical creatures? "Wait, in reality they're supposed to act like this, no, not reality"
Dorks vs Orcs. sorry. ;)

Nothing is weirder than my posts on weird things.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Isn't it odder that people have characterized and sociological expectations of mythical creatures? "Wait, in reality they're supposed to act like this, no, not reality"
Dorks vs Orcs. sorry. ;)

Nothing is weirder than my posts on weird things.
uhhh it’s not weird to expect “mythical creatures” to act how the author described them to.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
uhhh it’s not weird to expect “mythical creatures” to act how the author described them to.
In all fairness name a screen adaptation of a book that actually sticks to the author’s original story. I’m sure there’s some but majority are just that, adaptations. Bigger road blocks for show writers these days are the criteria that studios force them to meet. “Put a girl in it and make her gay” (South Park quote not mine)

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Maybe they feel the need to get Hyman going because he’s been disappointing to start the year.

But if were going to load McDrai I wish we would spread the talent out more. I have a hard time seeing that second line doing much. Maybe eventually Savoie plays on top line.
Call me crazy, but I actually Corey Perry would work on that top line. He has great hands around the net and won't allow McDrai to be manhandled. That leaves Hyman for RNH and Arvidsson and a third line of Skinner-Henrique-Brown.

Reactions: Oilhawks

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Kind of surprised that Pickard starting. I don’t mind it though. Hopefully we get decent goaltending tonight.

Oilhawks

Over Old Hills
Nov 24, 2011
These kind of shows are hilarious. They pay a shit ton of money for licensing. If they just stuck to the script and lore they would be better. But some scrub thinks they can write better than some historical author and then execs are surprised when no one likes it lol

Yup, “The Witcher” comes to mind as well. Tragic. Cavill was brilliant in it

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
In all fairness name a screen adaptation of a book that actually sticks to the author’s original story. I’m sure there’s some but majority are just that, adaptations. Bigger road blocks for show writers these days are the criteria that studios force them to meet. “Put a girl in it and make her gay” (South Park quote not mine)
Yeah I can think of worse adaptations. In general sequels to sequels are garbage. POTA managed to at least stay interesting.

These kind of shows are hilarious. They pay a shit ton of money for licensing. If they just stuck to the script and lore they would be better. But some scrub thinks they can write better than some historical author and then execs are surprised when no one likes it lol
Isn't it telling though? If your creative license and imagination consists only of buying out prior shows it stands to reason what you end up coming up with will be unwatchable dreck. Imagination creates original work, stories and themes. The absence of it creates endless sequels, copycats and spinoffs. Oh look whats in the theaters, looks away....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad