Granato should be on the hot seat

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
It’s inherent in your posts. If you think a season is someone’s career best, that’s by definition their peak.

Really shouldn’t tell people their reading comprehension is poor when they are spot on. If you don’t like how yours posts are read, use your words better
SOME does not mean ALL. So nope, he's not spot on and neither are you. I absolutely could have expressed myself in a more exact way but this is not a legal text, it's a discussion forum.

Point still stands that some players likely had their best season last year. I hope Skinner and Tuch can repeat or improve but I don't expect it. It's borderline insane to expect Granato to improve the team every year without major additions.

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
Good for Sabres fans to make a main board post to complain about their own coach.

Team is up and down. They are struggling with some fundamentals right now. PP looks rough but I find that unsustainable. Needs to improve.

Granato isn’t going anywhere for the first 40 games unless we see a severe drop off in play.

Reactions: MOGlLNY and Daz28

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Good for Sabres fans to make a main board post to complain about their own coach.

Team is up and down. They are struggling with some fundamentals right now. PP looks rough but I find that unsustainable. Needs to improve.

Granato isn’t going anywhere for the first 40 games unless we see a severe drop off in play.
There’s a 0% chance Granato is fired unless we bottom out.

If we miss the playoffs and start next year slow, I could see it.

Reactions: CowbellConray

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
You will have to excuse the jaded fans here. They have been like this since game one this year.

Team is .500 after a slow start.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Bump because.. reasons.

Seriously, they’re 2-1-1 since I started this but down 5-0 at home to the bruins, so.. 2-2-1. I said give him 5 games, I’d now personally give him 2-3 games to prove somethin. Team looks the same as last year, every special teams situation is a mess, there is absolutely nothing I see that gives me hope for this team under Granato at this point. Ya, they’re young, the individual talent exceeds the product by a wide margin.

And the anti-jinx works, 5-1 with Uselesson on the board! Oh happy days, let’s ignore absolutely everything else we see!
-sincerely, patient Sabres fan.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
He is completely done. Now it’s just about waiting for a GM who does nothing to do something about it as the team sinks like a stone. Given how Adams has failed to build a roster in 4 offseasons with cap space and assets to burn…it’ll be a while.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Like a coach that doesn't know how to change goalies or get an assistant that wants to run a legitimate PP unit and not try and play Okposo on the PP and PK like he's good at anything hockey related?
Like the roster has too many holes, you can only blame so many coaches before the truth comes out

Reactions: Summer Rose

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Like the roster has too many holes, you can only blame so many coaches before the truth comes out
same team with more ammo other than losing Anderson at goalie they should be better plain and simple. They were 1 point out the playoffs last year pretty funny from the Canucks fans who haven't had much of a roster turnover from last year.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
same team with more ammo other than losing Anderson at goalie they should be better plain and simple. They were 1 point out the playoffs last year pretty funny from the Canucks fans who haven't had much of a roster turnover from last year.
By what metric should they be better? They are exactly what their roster would say they should be.

Canucks also completely rebuilt the blue line. A 50% change to your blue line is fairly significant, and a new goalie, and a fairly new bottom 6

Reactions: Summer Rose

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
By what metric should they be better? They are exactly what their roster would say they should be.

Canucks also completely rebuilt the blue line. A 50% change to your blue line is fairly significant, and a new goalie, and a fairly new bottom 6
I mean there a lot of obvious ones like the PP unit being terrible this year when they were one of the better ones over 82 games last year and the stupid coaches don't realize that teams adjusted like 100 games ago.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dec 17, 2018

It’s more like you can only blame so many rosters before realizing there’s somethin off in the coaching process.

A good portion of this squad came up under Granato, and he definitely instilled confidence in them. Sweet. That’s no longer progressing the team.

I think they finally have the right GM in Adams- slow moves, but I get what he’s doing. He’s locked in a core and has tried supplementing it.

I don’t get changing our goalie after we score, playing one of our better d-men for only 10 minutes, having a bottom 5 pp and pk, screwing up pulling the goalie- every f***ing detail gets botched. This team looks directionless, losing Tage and Tuch to injury just provides an excuse, because it didn’t look good before this either. We can’t generate offense and play defense at the same time, and any special teams kills us. Talent on the ice 5-on-5 is f***ing fine, thanks for asking.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
If you look at a lot of the teams that have won the cup in the last 10 years or so, feels like they are either a team with really strong willed veteran leaders with talented teams, or talented younger teams that learned how to win under a hard ass old fashioned coach. Haven’t really seen the “players” coaches do all that well.

Maybe if Q wasn’t such a f*** he would take Buffalo over the top

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I just find buffalo plays a very loose system that suffocating teams just exploit. Reminds me of the travis green time on the canucks, playing a suffocating defensive team was impossible for the players to overcome that style of play.

Then tonight tage hurts his leg, limps off the ice, battles back to return and his first thought is to immediately put your top player out in a 5-0 game on the pk to block shots, where he now will miss significant time.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Bump again because it’s almost December and they’re still under 500 and haven’t shown any inspired play or improvement. Gave up a two goal lead yesterday, a one goal lead late in the game with an open net and lost in over time.

No accountability.

His staff behind the bench with him also has, get this a combined 0 playoff experience. No one has coached a playoff game.

Granato only had a few years of being an assistant coach and never made a playoff and somehow gets the job over proven winners, which shows how unqualified Kevyn Adams as he had 0 GM experience but the Pegulas liked him.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
The way they are constructing the roster right now is pathetic, they’re afraid to hurt feelings. Levi should be down in the AHL but instead they’re stubbornly keeping him up and running 11/7 every game. They refuse to bench the worst players (Okposo/Girgensons/Erik Johnson) and in fact lean on them in critical situations like the tying goal late in Washington. On top of this they have two prospects (Kulich/Rosen) dominating the AHL who are more than ready to be up here and would make the team better. It’s the opposite of lineup optimization.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dec 17, 2018
Bump because holy shit that devils game was somethin.

We gotta go balls to the wall to scrap a win away from the mighty penguins, and it exhausts us so much that we then get wrecked by the Devils. Sweet.

Awful faceoff percentage, mediocre special teams, they give up goals to start and end games- anything linked to coaching sucks out loud.

Reactions: sabremike

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad