Granato should be on the hot seat

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Sabres are up and down, got lucky with a win against the Flyers last outting despite being outshot 40 to 15.

Adjustments? Nah homie, they’re getting rocked in the 1st period again against the same shit team. Gave up 2 early goals instead of just 1 like last game.

It’s just a consistent thing where this team doesn’t adjust, looks out-of-sync, and the parts should be there at this point. There’s plenty of talent, but we aren’t making playoffs if this is how we play. Don’t wait until later, I’d say he gets 5 more games max to prove himself.

Reactions: sabremike

Dec 29, 2004
It looks like a continuation of last season, no progression, which is a pretty good reason to start shopping around for a replacement.

Reactions: BHD

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Adams is the one who should be on the hot seat.

He took the last two off-seasons off. Hasn’t addressed goal. Hasn’t addressed top 4 D. Hasn’t addressed defensive center. Didnt bother to replace Quinn when he was hurt before UFA started.

But he sits on the second most cap space in the league this year (most each of the last two years) and a pile of redundant high end forward prospects who can’t all play here.

It‘s all on him.

Cheapshot

May 23, 2012
Have they stopped listening to him? The first period vs the flyers was pretty terrible but a lot of it looked like bad d reads and lazy passes. Too many not connecting. Seems like no one knows where anyone else is and is just like f*** it let me put the puck over there.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
It looks like a continuation of last season, no progression, which is a pretty good reason to start shopping around for a replacement.

Exactly. Looks like we’ll be just on the outside again, and if that’s the projection- no.
Because his GM refused to get him a goalie in the offseason?
You can blame Adams for that, but goaltending really hasn’t been the problem. Maybe he’s just gotten lucky, but even through injuries our goalies have largely looked solid. It’s the other 5 guys on the ice doing goofy shit every other game.
Have they stopped listening to him? The first period vs the flyers was pretty terrible but a lot of it looked like bad d reads and lazy passes. Too many not connecting. Seems like no one knows where anyone else is and is just like f*** it let me put the puck over there.

Yep, that’s kinda the trend this year. Jekyl and Hyde, they’ve looked real good at points and talent is there.. then isn’t.

Reactions: Cheapshot

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I think he was always the right guy for a rebuild but not for a competing team.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
It's hard to tell if it's the players or the coach but either way, you can't change the core attributes so you fire the coach.

Who is a valid tried and true coaching hire available now? Gallant?

Reactions: BHD

hurdemz

Tub thumpin'
Jul 15, 2022
Ssm, ON
I've had buffalo pegged as a dark horse to make a huge push this year, much like florida last year. The talent is there.. its early, but granato should 100% be on the hot seat. Turn it around soon, or find a coach that can

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Guarantee that Torts would have these guys humming. You need to demand a certain standard out of your players and I have not seen that with the Sabres this season in any of the games I've watched. They're disorganized offensively, they check in the NZ like a peewee team, they're not disciplined, and their defensive structure is mostly stand around and watch.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Sabres roster isn't good. Their defense outside of the two big names sucks ass. The offensive depth is non-existent.

If anyone should be held accountable here it is Adams for taking such a piss poor approach to the summer.

The goaltending alone is a fireable offense. Not giving your top prospect any back-up with any veteran experience was a recipe for disaster.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Sabres roster isn't good. Their defense outside of the two big names sucks ass. The offensive depth is non-existent.

If anyone should be held accountable here it is Adams for taking such a piss poor approach to the summer.

The goaltending alone is a fireable offense. Not giving your top prospect any back-up with any veteran experience was a recipe for disaster.
Granato has overperformed as HC with terrible rosters. This years team have the same holes yet again.

It's sad that Adams inability might cost Granato his job in the end. It's hard to coach and develop players on a losing team.

Shopping list is still goaltenders, top 4 defenseman, 3C, 2 top 9 wingers.

Reactions: randywoodsghost

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Yea to me the Sabres roster is not good. And I know based on my team how to tell when a roster is not good.

Granato is not the problem here.

Dec 29, 2004
Where is the accountability? Do the players hold each other accountable for poor decision making and lack of defensive zone effort? I don't see ice time getting limited or healthy scratches due to poor play.... Examples aren't being made. The GM might be part of the problem, but Granato doesn't seem to hold anyone accountable and there don't seem to be consequences (other than a bad record) for poor play.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pablo El Perro

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
If you were the GM of a team who missed the playoffs by one win, while having the youngest roster in the league…what would you be looking to do in the off-season.

You have the second most cap space, unlimited futures to trade, a glaring need in goal, top 4 D, defensive C and at top 6 wing thanks to a long term injury.

If you answered “something” or “anything” I wish you were Buffalo’s GM.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I think they expected guys like Tage and Tuch to pick up where they left off rather than starting a little slow and expected Levi to carry the load.

With Levi, that was probably optimistic and if he was their designated guy for the future, they should have at least moved out UPL and gotten him a veteran starter to platoon with.

Regarding the D, I think they believed adding Clifton and EJ was a significant upgrade and probably hoped Clifton would be more of a legit top 4 with Power taking a step as well. I don’t think they’re really that far off even with the holes left unaddressed.

Levi may need to cook a bit and they probably could use a legitimate top 4 RHD and solid 3C penalty killer. A second pair RHD and 3C aren’t the toughest adds and they have plenty of capital to spend. I still have pretty high hopes for Buffalo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Washed Up 29YearOld

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
He’s not the guy to take them to the next level

This is what I’m coming around to. I think he’s an excellent developmental coach, and he did really good work with the team through the end of last season, but I don’t think he knows how to get an NHL team to play structured, winning hockey. Also the fact that we’re so bad at home where he has the advantage of last change is not a great look.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad