Grade the Oilers FAF

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How did the Oilers do in FA?

• Total voters

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
1719893965370.png

Reactions: Oilhawks

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
We are not just primed to take the divison we are primed to take the presidents trophy and get home ice throughout the playoffs :laugh:

I dunno, I don't see much difference between the middle-six forward group and the one they were icing in 2014-15:

Pouliot - Purcell - Yakupov - Roy - Lander - Perron
You forgot :sarcasm: right? RIGHT?????

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I'd say an A. Not an A+ only because to me, A+ means perfect, and we still could upgrade the 2nd d-pair, and I'm still on the fence with Jeff Skinner.

McLeod + Ceci to a younger rebuilding team may be enticing and likely not difficult to pull off.

San Jose need a RD?
I would think Ceci has enough value to be moves for futures. Worse RD were signed to worse deals today, and there will still be teams out there who need an RD so badly that they consider Ceci.

NedPlimpton

Mar 23, 2013
Near Fantastica
A+

I had a busy day and wasn't able to watch any coverage or keep up with the news, so when I finally checked in at the end of the day I was incredibly happy and just as glad to not be shocked by any bonehead signings as well.

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
Very, very good, better than I thought. A- though cause it wasn’t perfect. Perry seems extraneous and while the forwards got a lot of love little worried the d didn’t.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
o look a flames fan voted c- in this poll.

that changes my vote from B+ to A.

Want to be as far away from that vote as possible :D

I was pretty happy before I left for my anniversary dinner with Mr5 and came home to seeing Skinner, Henrique, Janmark and Stetcher all signed.

Manager? We don’t need no stinkin’ manager.

We got the Jackson 5!

@Oilhawks are you happy now? Promises delivered! :cool:

Oh yes indeed...haha

Said in the Rumours thread that I'm enjoying a conveyer belt of crow today

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I would argue it’s about as good of July 1st as we’ve ever seen from any team.

the opposite of 2006

this team is better than the team that got to Game 7 of the SCF

love to see

That’s the thing that stands out to me as so insane. It’s hard to ice as good of team as in the cup finals because of the cap allowing for deadline acquisitions. We somehow have every player back except for Foegele who actually got significantly upgraded to Arvidsson. AND we somehow added Skinner on top of that.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I'd say an A. Not an A+ only because to me, A+ means perfect, and we still could upgrade the 2nd d-pair, and I'm still on the fence with Jeff Skinner.

I would think Ceci has enough value to be moves for futures. Worse RD were signed to worse deals today, and there will still be teams out there who need an RD so badly that they consider Ceci.
Go watch a couple highlight videos of Jeff ripping the pill beating goalies clean and completely undressing them with his figure skating. You'll be off the fence soon enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad