Grade the Oilers FAF

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How did the Oilers do in FA?

• Total voters

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
a-plus-red-grade-mark-school-excellent-test-and-exam-free-vector.jpg

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Its so nice to start a season and not have 5+ holes in the lineup.

Our forward group is stacked. Knoblauch should be able to roll the lines and McDavid and Draisaitl won’t be zombies by the time the playoffs start.

I think the defense could be improved but it is something that can be evaluated and upgraded if required at the trade deadline.

Its so nice to have a couple potential holes versus 5+

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Couldn't upgrade D or goaltending today but that's fine.
Comrie could have been added for extra competition In net.
Walker would have been good despite the term he got from Canes.

A+ otherwise.

Jarvi

Mar 22, 2012
I'd say A-/B+. Still would like to see an upgrade on defense but other than that I've got no complaints.
Not for the prices we've seen. The only real upgrade on D would have either cost like 6m or us trading a legit top 4 D as with Chychrun and Jensen. Though I do think Ott got hosed, Jensen is a really good player too. Seems both teams just wanted a different looking top 4 guy, and we don't really have one to offer who isn't absurdly overpaid or untouchable. Compared to the FA contracts handed out, I like Ceci's price tag.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I don’t think a grade can be given until Draisaitl resigns. Once that happens it’s an A+. If it doesn’t happen this summer then I think a black cloud forms over the team and nothing else matters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad