Waived: Goodrow waived (claimed by San Jose Sharks)

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
Shoutout to the dude on like page 3 that floated SJS claiming him. Either it was a great guess or Mollie read and jocked your idea!
10th post on the thread! Just made sense.
IMG_2407.jpeg

Reactions: Kords

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Mike grier,time to pay the OBC fee and do your former boss a favor

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
I see a lot of people say this. I'm curious what it is based on. In the 2 years he has been GM, what has Grier done, or not done, that makes him bad?
I just feel like he's failed to get strong value for some of the prime time assets he's traded.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
He’d be going back to a place where he started his career with a shit load more money. And he’s not getting sent to Winnipeg, it’s the Bay Area

He’ll be just fine. If anything it’s a great day for Goodrow
Not a great day for Goody since Goody didn't want it but 99.9% of the people in the world would like to be in that situation.

Mac n Gs

Drury plz
Jan 17, 2014
So who is coming back? Vlasic? A veteran LD at the end of his career making a couple of runs with the Rangers? Is he even good anymore?
Rangers would be taking on another $3M+ of cap hit in that scenario since SJ can't retain anymore contracts. Unless they're giving us 14OA, I can't see that happening

Reactions: GoAwayPanarin

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Goodrow was a solid soldier for us.. instrumental in rangers being harder to play against and shifting the culture away from the rangers being a softer team then they are now.
He had a great send off with this past postseason, I wish him well in the future. I’m glad the deal Drury signed him to will give financial stability for him and his family for his years of hard work.
For a young team like SJ, Goodrow should really help their locker room. I wish him well.
Having said all of that, rangers now cannot afford to pay a 4th line guy 3.6 mill per…
We’re quickly approaching the time where every dollar counts. We have Edstrom, who needs a roster spot and should be this teams next long term 4C…
They also have other young players coming up that need the same opportunity.
He’s on an ELC so he’ll be cheap for the rest of this deal, and the next 1 he signs.
Thanks for the memories Goodie and good luck.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Probably gonna happen but don’t be shocked to see someone like Jones to SJ for nothing

Jones is pretty much a lock for our top 6 next year. Can't see him dealt in that fashion

Probably gonna happen but don’t be shocked to see someone like Jones to SJ for nothing

Jones is pretty much a lock for our top 6 next year. Can't see him dealt in that fashion

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
So who is coming back? Vlasic? A veteran LD at the end of his career making a couple of runs with the Rangers? Is he even good anymore?
If the Rangers couldn’t find a trade partner within Goodrow’s list, he has no trade value and nothing will be coming back from anyone who claims him. And the Rangers are looking to shed problems, not take back a different problem. At least that’s how I see it.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia

Not like they want too but they owe SJ if Goodrow is claimed

If the Rangers couldn’t find a trade partner within Goodrow’s list, he has no trade value and nothing will be coming back from anyone who claims him. And the Rangers are looking to shed problems, not take back a different problem. At least that’s how I see it.

Maybe Rangers take Ruuta?

Mac n Gs

Drury plz
Jan 17, 2014
I can’t see it even if they were giving up the 14OA.
Eh, I'd probably do it if we had the space to eat additional money. Vlasic is cooked, but 14OA could be a very useful trade chip or be used to help add a much needed higher-end D prospect to the pipeline. Won't happen though since they can't eat an additional $3M

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
Why would anyone claim him with his contract? He's gonna get bought out
Part of the reasoning for SJS is that they have to reach the salary cap floor as they are well under it even after resigning all their FAs. No high end FA will likely go there right now so an experienced player with a decent cap hit might be amenable to them. Also keeps good terms with Rangers/Drury for Grier for future trade possibilities. GMing in RL.

As an aside. Moving Goodrow opens up a PK spot for KK to sink or swim in if they want to get him more involved like Lavi claims.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad