Waived: Goodrow waived (claimed by San Jose Sharks)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
How about this for a thought?

Maybe Drury and Columbus continue to make moves together and this waiver is part of a Laine trade? Maybe Goodrow didn't have them on his list, we drop 3.6 in salary to them via waivers they retain a little bit and we get Laine in a deal.
Another headcase, no thanks. Laine is another issue Rangers don’t need. Rather go after a physical winger with skill and size. Laine too inconsistent and another soft player with size. Rangers have enough of those.

Goodrow is being waived to overpay for Ryan Lomberg on July 1 lol. Rangers tend to sign players that play well vs them in the playoffs

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
This was just in mollies article for the post
“Though there is belief there is a pre-arranged deal for the Sharks to claim Goodrow, who spent the first six seasons of his NHL career in San Jose. “
Meh, Molly reporting it does nothing. If Brooks said it i think it would have some merit. Molly probably saw it on reddit.

Reactions: surlysailor

CTTribe73

Aug 17, 2023
This is the most Connecticut shit I've ever heard.
Colony pizza is straight up ass relative to Wooster St./State Street in New Haven. That 'thin crust' nonsense is all about giving you 1/2 the product for 3X the price and marketing it to upper middle class yo yos that don't know the difference.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Step 1 of Drury recognizing what needs to be done. Its the low hanging fruit but still needs to be done.

Will be pleasantly surprised if anyone takes the whole contract. If not he will be bought out…credit this year then really small impact in the out years. Not ideal but not anything to get worked up about either.

Edit - should have kept reading the thread. SJ claim would be great. If so seems like Goodrow wasn’t going to waive and Drury said…indeed you are. Hard to believe they wouldn’t just trade future considerations or a 7th for him. If that actually went down that is ruthless by Drury and as much as I see the players side it makes me happy as a fan.

Last edited:

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
And if this was a cut throat move by Drury it could explain the timing. Try to bury it during the finals vs when the entire hockey world is following every transaction next week.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Is this a Todd Marchant situation from Columbus to Anaheim?

A team on goodrow's no trade list can claim him now?

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
It seems to me that if San Jose wanted Goodrow, they could have easily acquired him for “future considerations” unless there was something else going on. Perhaps they wanted to avoid the $5MM cash hit next year and Drury is forcing their hand.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Say what you want, but if San Jose claims Goodrow that’s some serious 4D chess by Drury.

It seems to me that if San Jose wanted Goodrow, they could have easily acquired him for “future considerations” unless there was something else going on. Perhaps they wanted to avoid the $5MM cash hit next year and Drury is forcing their hand.

There might be future considerations without saying so in writing. I’d bet that’s the case if he’s claimed by SJ.

What a f***ing day to be Barclay Goodrow. Yeesh.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Barclay Goodrow gave my grandson his stick after a game in Arizona. He will always be a hero in our house.

Attachments

• IMG_1518.jpeg
    IMG_1518.jpeg
    248.3 KB · Views: 3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad